Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND ratings targets...  (Read 3799 times)

weaklink75

DoND ratings targets...
« on: December 16, 2005, 02:44:25 PM »
I did some searching on Zap2it, and for the last week, NBC has been averaging 5.0-5.7 ratings in the timeslot, depending on the night. So in order to have any chance of a later run, I would think the numbers have to be higher than that. It may only be slightly higher considering it is the week before Christmas, so if they can get a 6.0-6.5, with it consistant or rising through the week, the odds are decent it would get picked up.

Here's the competition on the other three major networks...

MONDAY:

ABC:Wife Swap
CBS:King of Queens and How I Met Your Mother
FOX:2 eps of Arrested Development

(I think this is a possible good night for them....Only one of the AD eps is new)

TUESDAY:

ABC:According to Jim and Rodney
CBS:NCIS
FOX:Bones

(NCIS is rerunning both parts of their season opener...that may hurt, but the ABC comedies won't be much trouble.)

WEDNESDAY:

ABC:George Lopez and Freddie
FOX:That 70's Show and Stacked
CBS:A Home for the Holidays (music special)

(This could be the best night of the bunch...not a lot of shows people would flock to ordinarily-but the special could be a bit of trouble)

THURSDAY:

ABC:Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
FOX:The O.C.
CBS:Without a Trace

(Extreme Makeover is a repeat of a 2-hour ep from last year, and OC is running their Chrismakkuah eps...Big competition here could be Without a Trace)

FRIDAY:

ABC:Supernanny
FOX:Movie:Ice Age
CBS:Ghost Whisperer

(CBS is dominant here...and the movie could take away some families)

cmjb13

DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 03:50:36 PM »
According to google groups, the last episode of LMAD from 2003 did a 7.51 and was pulled shortly after that.

So I think anything less than that would be considered disappointing.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

WhammyPower

DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 04:26:03 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 02:50 PM\']According to google groups
[snapback]104908[/snapback]
[/quote]

Usenet sucks.  Get over it.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 04:48:10 PM »
Usenet sucks. Get over it.

Huh?

How does the 7.5 LMAD got compare with what the other networks were doing in the same timeslot? Anybody know?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

byrd62

DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 06:17:25 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 04:48 PM\']
How does the 7.5 LMAD got compare with what the other networks were doing in the same timeslot? Anybody know?

-Jason
[snapback]104915[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think LMAD went up against American Idol, which got about twice as much ratings.

tvwxman

DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 06:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 06:17 PM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 04:48 PM\']
I think LMAD went up against American Idol, which got about twice as much ratings.
[snapback]104917[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are you guessing? Cause if you are , don't speculate just to post.

In fact, I doubt anyone here remembers the ratings off the top of their head for LMAD...but I smell a Zach joke coming soon....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 06:33:14 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 06:47:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 03:33 PM\']...but I smell a Zach joke coming soon....
[snapback]104918[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, that was me. Musta been the gazpacho. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 08:17:14 AM »
This post from rec.arts.tv (and I'd like to see whoever that was tell me "Usenet sucks. get over it" now) gives the Household numbers for Tuesdays March 11 and 18, 2003.

"LMaD" with a 5.6 and a 5.0 got trounced by Idol (14.4 each night), but also fell behind whichever show was on CBS (all 3 of the Eye's shows for the night outpoint Deal) and ABC's combo of "Rules" and "Jim".

the most recent "Fear Factor" scored a 5.3 in these numbers last Tuesday, BTW.
@lambertman

joe_capitano

DoND ratings targets...
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 03:41:45 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' date=\'Dec 16 2005, 11:44 AM\']Here's the competition on the other three major networks...

MONDAY:

ABC:Wife Swap[/quote]
Yuk! But don't forget, Monday Night Football will be straddling DOND out west - Mountain time during the first hour, Pacific time in the third hour. They're still a consistent Top 20 show. Huge hill for Howie to climb, even though Al & John's game this week - Baltimore at Green Bay on the "frozen tundra" - is probably nothing to write home about. Nothing at stake. I'll probably just PIP it while Howie takes care of business.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 03:43:07 PM by joe_capitano »