Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thursday DoND ratings...  (Read 4065 times)

weaklink75

Thursday DoND ratings...
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »
from zap2it today...

they only have a rating and a share for the timeslot...rating was down to 8.3, but the share was the same as Wednesday night, 15. (Without a Trace on CBS did hurt it a little, it got a 5.8/10)

Considering the 9pm hour for NBC went down to a 4.3 (vs. CBS's 11.7 for CSI), I think they're happy with it...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 11:58:42 AM by weaklink75 »

CaseyAbell

Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 12:03:16 PM »
Well, DoND was hardly down at all from Wednesday's 8.4/14, when it had practically no competition. What is a Freddie?

I'm kind of surprised. I figured Without a Trace, even in reruns, would give DoND a go for the number one spot. But Howie romped home by two-and-a-half ratings points and five shares.

By the way, these are fast nationals, the numbers zap2it puts out. I saw a post by Randy that said the overnights Thursday were 9.0/15, which would be identical to Wednesday's overnights. Hey, the fast nationals were almost identical, so that would make sense.

But Randy's post seems to have vanished. Maybe it got sold to the banker? Or is Nielsen Media Research on the prowl?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 12:33:28 PM by CaseyAbell »

NickS

Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 02:45:19 PM »
Well, from what we've seen Marc Berman's numbers are usually about .7 or so higher than what Zap2It posts, and 9.0 was what Marc posted yesterday.  Your milage may vary.

uncamark

Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 04:07:01 PM »
And tonight is going to be a gimme--with no first run competition except for a "Smackdown!" clip show, "DOND" will go out for now in a blaze of glory.

And I saw elsewhere that NBC has placed a renewal.  It'll probably be back in March (and unless someone else has already posted it, CNBC repeats the shows next week at 8 and 11 p.m. ET--they're promoing it as "big risks mean big rewards").

GS Warehouse

Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 04:14:50 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 02:45 PM\']Well, from what we've seen Marc Berman's numbers are usually about .7 or so higher than what Zap2It posts, and 9.0 was what Marc posted yesterday.  Your milage may vary.
[snapback]105669[/snapback]
[/quote]The numbers Berman posts are based on overnight ratings, which only cover just over half the country.  However, he gets his 18-49 ratings from Nielsen's fast national data, which Zap2it uses in its reports.

[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 12:03 PM\']Well, DoND was hardly down at all from Wednesday's 8.4/14, when it had practically no competition. What is a Freddie?
[snapback]105659[/snapback]
[/quote]A Freddie is a man who thinks he can act just because he's married to a Daytime Emmy-winner. :-)

Jimmy Owen

Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 12:05:03 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Dec 23 2005, 12:03 PM\']Well, DoND was hardly down at all from Wednesday's 8.4/14, when it had practically no competition. What is a Freddie?

[snapback]105659[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Freddie" is a new sitcom starring the son of actor-comedian Freddie Prinze.  Credits of relevance here for Prinze Sr. include "Hollywood Squares" and Cullen "Pyramid."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Craig Karlberg

Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 03:24:27 AM »
With DoND getting good, solid ratings, I think it's safe to say there's a second series on the way.  I'm thinking an early March restart after all the Olympic hoopla dies down.  Of course, it's unofficial untill NBC says sp.

MikeK

• Martha!
Thursday DoND ratings...
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 10:17:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 24 2005, 03:24 AM\']With DoND getting good, solid ratings, I think it's safe to say there's a second series on the way.  I'm thinking an early March restart after all the Olympic hoopla dies down.  Of course, it's unofficial untill NBC says sp.[/quote]
Thanks for reading other messages before posting your insight, Craig.

I apologize for defending you in the past.  You obviously have your head so far up your butt that you're tasting last year's Christmas ham.