Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Set Pieces/Props  (Read 7573 times)

bwood

Game Show Set Pieces/Props
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 01:35:13 AM »
hmmm...SimpsonGeek...I'd probably buy you a digital camera to see all of that amazing stuff :)

The only thing I have set-related is an old WoF bonus round \"envelope\" (from the \"W-H-E-E-L\" bonus round) It's signed by Pat and Vanna and btw, the prize inside is \"Riviera\".

It's actually pretty neat to me, how it's made (just some cardboard with foil confetti-like shreds glued on it and what appears to be some kind of tape for the outer border. Inside is lime green cardboard with stick on letters like what people use for mailboxes and stuff, and the faint pencil line the props dept. used to guide the letters straight)
Yeah, that whole paragraph I just typed sounded dumb but I'm sorry, I'm easily amazed by how what you see on TV and what it really is differs. (as with many TPiR games)

joshg

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2003, 06:15:24 AM »
On my first visit to \"Price\" in 1996, I managed to get about 20-30 old style pricetags *before* they hit the dumpster. (Think of the kind used in 'Most Expensive' and 'Double Prices' among other games. These are the ones with the glued on plastic numbers as opposed to the stick-on numbers they use now.)

As for actual set pieces, Bob Boden is storing my collection in his garage... ;-)

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2003, 11:17:21 AM »
As for actual set pieces, Bob Boden is storing my collection in his garage... ;-)
Isn't it nice of him to do that for you?

BTW, for those of you who don't know, among the items that Boden is...uh...storing for Josh (yeah, THAT'S the ticket!) are many major retired TPIR pieces, including an old Showcase podium, impossibly rare video that collectors would salivate over, and a near-infinite supply of art cards for prizes and lovely parting gifts.

The only one-of-a-kind item that I have wasn't used on the air.  I have a notebook that Frank Wayne used back in the sixties to keep track of his celebrity bookings for Password.  It's got about two years' worth of daytime and nighttime listings, including lots of corrections for last minute reschedulings or replacements.

And Jimmy Owen said:
I'm reasonably sure I am now the only person on the planet who has an art card for \"Mindreaders.\"
Strangely, you'd be wrong.  I picked one up last week on my vacation.  I would also assume that my illustrious co-dictator on these boards would have kept one for himself.  If not, it was my intent to send him the one I found.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jrjgames

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2003, 12:15:22 PM »
And if you can't find any set pieces....make em!

http://jrjgames.com/main/new/photos/feudset.html

John

:)

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2003, 12:18:20 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 11:15 AM\'] And if you can't find any set pieces....make em!

http://jrjgames.com/main/new/photos/feudset.html
 [/quote]
 THAT is pretty damn cool. How long did the family podium take?

Good luck!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 12:23:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Aug 23 2003, 02:29 PM\'] I was wondering if anyone knew of the where abouts of old set pieces.  I know a lot of things were destroyed after shows were cancelled, but you never know if someone on the boards may have something. [/quote]
 I thought of another one...while working with MTV this past summer, I went up to one of the offices, and there was this oval shaped thingy, that said \"Team 1.\" It was said to be a prop from a game show called \"Spoonk.\" I think it aired on Noggin. Has ANYONE ever heard of this show?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

jrjgames

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 12:25:16 PM »
The pieces are all built...took 3 days total, now adding the finishing touches!

John

WhammyPower

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2003, 01:08:27 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 11:23 AM\'] It was said to be a prop from a game show called "Spoonk." I think it aired on Noggin. Has ANYONE ever heard of this show? [/quote]
 I have.  Used to watch it when it was new, then it got boring.

EZBoard Spellcheck: it only has ONE \"o\", not two.

TV Favorites

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2003, 01:51:34 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 12:25 PM\'] The pieces are all built...took 3 days total, now adding the finishing touches!

John [/quote]
 Will you be putting up more photos for it?  I'd love to see how it turned out.  When set era did you model it from?