Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal contest rules now revealed  (Read 3733 times)

cmjb13

Deal or No Deal contest rules now revealed
« on: December 19, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »
Overview here & Rules here

A note:

Basically you try to guess the Lucky Case, from the remaining briefcases at a certain point during the show. The contest runs between 8:15-8:30, with the drawing at 8:45.

Rules state: There is no limit to the number of guesses you may make, but only correct guesses will be eligible.

Get ready to cut & paste real fast in those 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:49:58 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:27:56 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 03:32 PM\']Get ready to cut & paste real fast in those 15 minutes.[/quote]

If you're going to go to that much trouble, you might as well get a program that fills in browser forms automatically.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 09:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 06:27 PM\']If you're going to go to that much trouble, you might as well get a program that fills in browser forms automatically.
[snapback]105136[/snapback]
[/quote]
Aw, dammit, don't remind me that Autofill is still broken under Firefox 1.5...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 03:27:36 PM »
"Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. You may enter as often as you wish, systems permitting, however, USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS, (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED"

Not sure if the autofill add-on would qualify as this.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 03:35:38 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 20 2005, 12:27 PM\']Not sure if the autofill add-on would qualify as this.
[snapback]105298[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm not sure how they would know, to be honest. All of that is running local on the user's side, all they see is a form being submitted. Now, if they see the form being submitted thousands of times a minute, they might be suspicious, but you might get 5 off at the very very most using Autofill or a toolbar autofill function.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 20 2005, 03:35 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 20 2005, 12:27 PM\']Not sure if the autofill add-on would qualify as this.
[snapback]105298[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm not sure how they would know, to be honest. All of that is running local on the user's side, all they see is a form being submitted. Now, if they see the form being submitted thousands of times a minute, they might be suspicious, but you might get 5 off at the very very most using Autofill or a toolbar autofill function.
[snapback]105301[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, you can get a hell of a lot more than that.

Start an hour (or more) before the show and have as many open tabs (or windows) already prefilled with all the cases available. Then as the show goes on, delete the tabs for cases that are no longer eligible. Then when the contest starts, submit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 03:44:15 PM by cmjb13 »

KWJCDon

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »
If you can even get through. It seemed to me that the NBC website was overwhelmed and running very slow tonite. Did anyone else notice that?

Don

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 06:40:24 AM »
[quote name=\'KWJCDon\' date=\'Dec 20 2005, 09:14 PM\']If you can even get through. It seemed to me that the NBC website was overwhelmed and running very slow tonite. Did anyone else notice that?

Don
[snapback]105348[/snapback]
[/quote]
I did on Monday, but not yesterday.

Have the stuff prefilled and submit them while everyone else is typing in.