Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shadoe Stevens' new TV job  (Read 5974 times)

johnnya2k3

Shadoe Stevens' new TV job
« on: December 14, 2005, 03:31:45 AM »
Former Hollywood Squares (Davidson and Bergeron (1998-2002) versions) announcer Shadoe Stevens is returning to TV next week as the new announcer for "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson"; Craig mentioned it on Monday's show. And just like the other late night announcers, he'll be doing some on-camera skits and other stuff.

Jonathan Allen

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 08:47:15 AM »
Good news indeed.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 10:33:06 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 14 2005, 12:31 AM\']Former Hollywood Squares (Davidson and Bergeron (1998-2002) versions) announcer Shadoe Stevens is returning to TV next week as the new announcer for "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson";
[/quote]
That will hell give the show an air of legitimacy, I think. I always thought the show stuck a huge stigma of CHEEEEEAP on itself when they had Kilborn serving as his own announcer, and it never shook off for me, even after installing Ferguson as host.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 11:50:41 AM »
Pro or con: The show now opens with "...and now, CRRRRAAAAAAIG Ferguson!"

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:16:45 PM »
Would you rather him get the Arseniooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(gasps for air)oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL treatment?

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 06:46:53 PM »
Craig Ferguson seems like a wholly decent human being. But how anyone can stand to watch his show, with or without Shadoe Stevens, I cannot fathom. It's so DULLLL.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 06:47:57 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Dec 14 2005, 03:16 PM\']Would you rather him get the Arseniooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(gasps for air)oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL treatment?
[snapback]104766[/snapback]
[/quote]
You know what's funny? I found out really quickly that it just doesn't take all that much air to carry the "O" sound pretty much as long as you want to. So, unsurprisingly, and much like the body of his work aside from Russian Roulette, what he was doing wasn't all that impressive.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 06:51:47 PM »
Ah...well would you say that Andres Cantor's "Goooooooooooooooool!" calls in Spanish are more impressive...seeing as a) he talks 90 miles per hour in Spanish and b) it's more on the fly?

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Dec 14 2005, 03:51 PM\']Ah...well would you say that Andres Cantor's "Goooooooooooooooool!" calls in Spanish are more impressive...seeing as a) he talks 90 miles per hour in Spanish and b) it's more on the fly?
[snapback]104772[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, yeah, but that's because I like Andres Cantor and think Burton Richardson is a hack. :)

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 09:37:50 PM »
Well said, Mr. Lemon...well said.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 11:35:55 PM »
Glad to hear Shadoe's not permanently stuck on just radio today.

I liked Kilborn when I started watching him early last year. Too bad it was his last season.

inturnaround

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2005, 01:11:50 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 12:35 AM\']Glad to hear Shadoe's not permanently stuck on just radio today.
[/quote]

Something about that statement rubs me the wrong way. True, a lot of what passes for radio today is horrible, but there's a great deal out there that is increasingly creative and interesting, especially in public radio and podcasting (hit or miss there, but where else can you get a show on nothing but knitting?).

I doubt Shadoe would say he's been "stuck" on just radio. I'd imagine he loves it as do many of the radio professionals out there. They certainly didn't get into it for the money.  People make entire careers out of it and I doubt they feel like they're isolated if they don't get to be in another "Dave's World".
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 01:13:01 AM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

uncamark

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 03:30:11 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 17 2005, 12:11 AM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 12:35 AM\']Glad to hear Shadoe's not permanently stuck on just radio today.
[/quote]

Something about that statement rubs me the wrong way. True, a lot of what passes for radio today is horrible, but there's a great deal out there that is increasingly creative and interesting, especially in public radio and podcasting (hit or miss there, but where else can you get a show on nothing but knitting?).

I doubt Shadoe would say he's been "stuck" on just radio. I'd imagine he loves it as do many of the radio professionals out there. They certainly didn't get into it for the money.  People make entire careers out of it and I doubt they feel like they're isolated if they don't get to be in another "Dave's World".
[snapback]104928[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to mention the nice little annuity he's getting for having his recorded voice being used as the "Voice of God" in "Altar Boyz" (now on national tour)--and the chance to brag to potential clients that he is--the Voice of God.

ObGameShowAnnouncersInMusicals:  And if "Little Shop of Horrors" is still on the road, the recorded voice of Don Morrow is heard every night setting the scene for the show.

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 04:21:55 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 17 2005, 01:11 AM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 12:35 AM\']Glad to hear Shadoe's not permanently stuck on just radio today.
[/quote]
Something about that statement rubs me the wrong way.
[snapback]104928[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah... me too.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

johnnya2k3

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 03:22:06 AM »
Oh, speaking of game show announcers now doing late night...

John Cramer (Weakest Link, Twenty-One 2000, Big Deal) does voiceovers for fake TV promos on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

Jonathan Allen