Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: D/ND proposal  (Read 6613 times)

The Ol' Guy

D/ND proposal
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »
There's a copy of the Murray version floating around. The two contestants - the previous "winner" and a new challenger, would get up to 5 questions each. If one got more right than the other, that player went on to the Treasure Hunt, the loser is out. If the two players tied, both would get to pick a chest, then face off in another round of questions. The two could play together indefinitely, as long as they always tied in the quiz round.

aaron sica

D/ND proposal
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 06:26:34 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Dec 22 2005, 05:17 PM\']I never saw that version.  I was thinking Geoff Edwards' two versions, both of which I have seen.
[snapback]105606[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cue Passthefartout (tm)* in 3..........2............1..........

*"Passthefartout" is a registered trademark of Connecti-Matt, Inc. All rights reserved.

MrBuddwing

D/ND proposal
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 06:58:39 PM »
[quote name=\'davidbod\' date=\'Dec 21 2005, 10:13 AM\']The whole point of Deal or No Deal is the purity of the game. Your background, education, intelligence etc. have little or bearing on how well you can do. Different skills are being tested here. Yes, there is a much larger luck factor involved here than most shows, but equally you could say the same about some of the world's most popular games such as Snakes and Ladders.
[snapback]105425[/snapback]
[/quote]

I admit, I was quick to jump all over DoND for being a "pure luck" show, but having seen the first three episodes, I'm beginning to think there's a place for such a show - one where someone who doesn't feel qualified to be on "Jeopardy!" or WWTBaM can hope to strike it rich.

I agree with those who feel DoND should be a "special event" show rather than a daily syndicated show; I think people would get tired of a daily show real quick.

Jimmy Owen

D/ND proposal
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 07:04:28 PM »
Not to mention that most local stations would air a syndicated version between infomercials at 2:35am or some other horrible time slot.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Robair

D/ND proposal
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 09:05:23 PM »
Or how about celebrities playing the game for charity?

Yeah, Steve, I said it...
--Robair

DrJWJustice

D/ND proposal
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 09:19:13 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 22 2005, 06:26 PM\']Cue Passthefartout (tm)* in 3..........2............1..........

*"Passthefartout" is a registered trademark of Connecti-Matt, Inc. All rights reserved.
[snapback]105613[/snapback]
[/quote]
Better check your drawers after that.