Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are You Hooked?  (Read 6661 times)

LA the DJ

Are You Hooked?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 02:26:40 AM »
Hooked? No. Mildly amused? Sure.
I'm almost embarassed that I enjoyed this show, which I often referred to as 'the only show that takes less intelligence than PYL or WoF'.
Will I watch again in March? More than likely.
However, I think this is a show that works well in small doses, but if it goes as a regular series will burn out faster than Millionaire or Weakest Link. If NBC uses it to fill holes every couple months, it could do well.
However, we all know TV execs don't believe in moderation.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Don Howard

Are You Hooked?
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 05:21:58 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 24 2005, 04:44 PM\']Monotony has fostered ennui.
[snapback]105747[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ennui was the "word of the day" at dictionary.com on November 29, 1999---the day Gene Rayburn died.
Am I hooked? No. Will I watch when the program returns? Yes! Will I dash to this forum within minutes of when the show plays on the Pacific time zone to enjoy the summaries and commentaries? Without doubt.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 05:22:20 PM by Don Howard »

uncamark

Are You Hooked?
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 12:07:45 PM »
I was still caught up on Friday night, despite all of the show's flaws.

I'll be watching in March.  And if they learn their lesson on the post-production, find contestants that people will want to give an emotional investment for 45 minutes and ratchet up the involvement (since at the heart of this show, this is about the contestants, not the game), I might still be hooked.  If they don't do these things, I won't.

And I'll be looking with interest at the UK version--Channel 4 made a full-year, six-day-a-week commitment to the show after just six weeks.  I'm curious if the UK audience will still like the show one year from now or get real sick of it.

Brig Bother

Are You Hooked?
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 06:12:26 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 05:07 PM\']And I'll be looking with interest at the UK version--Channel 4 made a full-year, six-day-a-week commitment to the show after just six weeks.  I'm curious if the UK audience will still like the show one year from now or get real sick of it.
[snapback]106003[/snapback]
[/quote]

For a quicker comparison, the daily version of DoND was so popular in Australia, it virtually killed The Price is Right on another channel. It's been going for about two years now.

However, they're a bit worried of a new version of Family Feud hosted by an apparent TV legend, so it's getting a new set and new models soon. Apparently.

BrandonFG

Are You Hooked?
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 06:18:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 06:12 PM\']However, they're a bit worried of a new version of Family Feud hosted by an apparent TV legend, so it's getting a new set and new models soon. Apparently.
[snapback]106040[/snapback]
[/quote]
As long as they don't have a host who likes to D0UBL3 TH3 P01NTS!!!1!!!!!!111, it should be just fine. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Are You Hooked?
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 06:18:47 PM »
Ennui was the "word of the day" at dictionary.com on November 29, 1999---the day Gene Rayburn died.
That's why I picked it, Zach.

Give me a couple of days of DOND every couple of months and the dosage might be small enough that I can tolerate it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:20:44 PM by chris319 »

bhall969992

Are You Hooked?
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 08:47:07 PM »
I'm looking forward to it because it's the only prime time game show available and it's about the only one I have time to watch. That being said, I do think there are a few things that could be tweaked to make it better.