Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Good Find?  (Read 2527 times)

combsisthebest

Good Find?
« on: August 23, 2003, 11:26:05 PM »
At a video game store on the mall I picked up the game \"Remote Control\" for NES. It was only .99¢. It works too. Was that a good find?

Neumms

Good Find?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 11:54:54 PM »
For 99 one-hundreths of a cent? You bet!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Good Find?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 12:28:36 AM »
[quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Aug 23 2003, 08:26 PM\'] At a video game store on the mall I picked up the game "Remote Control" for NES. It was only .99¢. It works too. Was that a good find? [/quote]
 As someone who got his Atari 2600 towards the relative end of the system's reign (I was an unfortunate Odyssey 2 owner until Christmas 1983; this could explain my technogadget obsession today - I swore I'd never be left behind again) I have bought a fair amount of brand new games for five bucks or less.

Think of how far five bucks gets you in a video arcade. Especially these days.

Have you gotten a dollar's worth of enjoyment out of the game yet?

Then it was a good find. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bwood

Good Find?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 01:43:45 AM »
yeah, that's a very good price

Remote Control is an ok NES game, not exactly one of the rarest finds, but a good game. I think I paid a few bucks for mine. It's really fun, I enjoy the C64 version as well.

Which reminds me, I have a tape of old RC eps somewhere and I think I'll go dig it out and watch it. I love(d) that show and wish it would turn up in reruns somewhere. (wishful thinking mode on) Maybe someone else will do a MyTrio and show Remote Control since MTV gave up the Idiot Savants ep, or maybe it'll show up on GSN sometime (wishful thinking mode off)

combsisthebest

Good Find?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 02:18:51 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 23 2003, 08:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Aug 23 2003, 08:26 PM\'] At a video game store on the mall I picked up the game "Remote Control" for NES. It was only .99¢. It works too. Was that a good find? [/quote]
As someone who got his Atari 2600 towards the relative end of the system's reign (I was an unfortunate Odyssey 2 owner until Christmas 1983; this could explain my technogadget obsession today - I swore I'd never be left behind again) I have bought a fair amount of brand new games for five bucks or less.

Think of how far five bucks gets you in a video arcade. Especially these days.

Have you gotten a dollar's worth of enjoyment out of the game yet?

Then it was a good find. :) [/quote]
 Yep I love TV Trivia and this was the perfect game for me. It was worth all 99 cents.

LA the DJ

Good Find?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 03:30:46 AM »
eBay is a great place to add to your game show NES game collection. Most of the GameTek titles sell for around $2-$5.
I procured a Double Dare cart for $2.99 after shipping :)
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

joelvanderveen

Good Find?
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 08:15:25 AM »
I found \"Jeopardy! 25th Anniversary Edition\" (NES) once for $5. Did buy it and although it's not the most exciting game ever, it still is fun.

I also have the \"Wheel of Fortune\" for the NES and \"Jeopardy!\" for the Game Boy.