Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Final Jeopardy! question  (Read 4058 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Final Jeopardy! question
« on: December 28, 2005, 11:51:32 PM »
We know that the light pens are deactivated once the thirty seconds are up. But can the contestants write with them before the thirty seconds begin? In other words, while Alex is finishing reading the clue?

--
Scott Robinson

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Final Jeopardy! question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 11:59:19 PM »
Better question: are they in fact still light pens, or have they moderned up and gone to a touch-sensitive stylus yet?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MarkBarrett

Final Jeopardy! question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 12:28:03 AM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Dec 28 2005, 11:51 PM\']We know that the light pens are deactivated once the thirty seconds are up. But can the contestants write with them before the thirty seconds begin? In other words, while Alex is finishing reading the clue?

--
Scott Robinson
[snapback]106116[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, players are instructed they can begin writing as soon as the clue is revealed.   I was just about done with my first FJ response before Alex finished reading the clue.

WhammyPower

Final Jeopardy! question
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 09:03:48 AM »
It is also clearly seen on the J! DVD (the multi-cam "episode") that players can start writing before the 30 second timer starts.

Jay Temple

Final Jeopardy! question
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:24:54 AM »
Interesting.  I would have assumed that once they were activated for recording the FJ wager, it wasn't really worth the trouble to deactivate them and reactivate them.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Final Jeopardy! question
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 12:08:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 07:24 AM\']Interesting.  I would have assumed that once they were activated for recording the FJ wager, it wasn't really worth the trouble to deactivate them and reactivate them.
[snapback]106134[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are we really at the point where flipping one switch (or clicking one mouse button, or whatever) is REALLY classified as "not worth the trouble?" I sure hope not.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe