Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clark Ready for New Year's Eve Return  (Read 9309 times)

catkins522

Clark Ready for New Year's Eve Return
« on: December 29, 2005, 07:52:30 PM »
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 08:02:39 PM »
<This is where the picture of Ric Romero would go.>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 08:17:50 PM »
Right now as I am writing this, ABC is running a Bloopers special with Clark as host.  I wonder when it was taped.  Presumably it's a rerun.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

inturnaround

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 09:30:30 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 09:17 PM\']Right now as I am writing this, ABC is running a Bloopers special with Clark as host.  I wonder when it was taped.  Presumably it's a rerun.
[snapback]106192[/snapback]
[/quote]

Like everything this week, it is. It originally aired in May 2004.

I miss the original Sergio Aragones fellas.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Tony

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:17:01 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 09:30 PM\']I miss the original Sergio Aragones fellas.
[snapback]106199[/snapback]
[/quote]
So the Sergio Aragones who is a cohort of Mark Evanier (is there any other?;) worked on the original Bloopers specials/series?  (General) You learn something new every day...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:17:40 PM by Tony »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 12:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 12:17 PM\'][quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 09:30 PM\']I miss the original Sergio Aragones fellas.
[snapback]106199[/snapback]
[/quote]
So the Sergio Aragones who is a cohort of Mark Evanier (is there any other?;) worked on the original Bloopers specials/series?  (General) You learn something new every day...
[snapback]106239[/snapback]
[/quote]

Aragones also worked at the same magazine as MG writer Dick DeBartolo.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvrandywest

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 01:00:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 09:37 AM\']Aragones also worked at the same magazine as MG writer Dick DeBartolo.
[snapback]106242[/snapback]
[/quote]
MAD, before it inexpicable morphed into a hip-hop TV show. I wonder what the original magazine's honcho Bill Gaines would have thought of the FOX show. Perhaps he'd have laughed to the bank, but as I understand it he was quite careful about excluding drug and violence references in any other than silly "cartoon" portrayals and contexts.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 11:24:07 PM »
I actually still own some of the countless MAD Magazine paperback books that  specifically highlighted Aragones' work.  I also can't tell you how old it makes me feel that there are people who don't know who he is and what he contributed ("marginally" of course) to both MAD and the original Bloopers series.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 11:43:16 PM »
. . . wow. I had never made that connection (Aragones and Bloopers) until reading this thread. Wow, I feel dumb.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

johnnya2k3

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 06:17:32 AM »
Anyway...you know that publicity shot of Clark, Seacrest, and Hilary Duff that ABC released for NYRE? It is believed they did some Photoshopping to make it appear he's standing alongside the co-hosts.

BTW...Fox will have Regis Philbin (who, ironically enough, filled in for Clark last year) help usher in 2006, while CNN has Anderson Cooper (The Mole). I won't even bother bringing up the lame offerings on NBC and MTV, while CBS' coverage will consist of...well, LOCAL PROGRAMMING!!

Regis, Seacrest, or Coop..it's going to be quite a battle tonight.

Jonathan Allen

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 06:39:31 AM »
I think it's ironic that Seacrest, who "saved" the Fox Network is working tonight for ABC, while Regis, who "saved" ABC, will be working for the hip, with-it Fox Network.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 08:35:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 31 2005, 06:39 AM\']I think it's ironic that Seacrest, who "saved" the Fox Network is working tonight for ABC, while Regis, who "saved" ABC, will be working for the hip, with-it Fox Network.
[snapback]106313[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's a late gift from Santa! Someone who properly uses the word "ironic". Bless you, Jimmy.
CBS has no New Year's Eve bash?!? And to think that was the hot spot for decades to check out Guy & The Canadiens from the Waldorf. How far we've come. Or how far we've gone. Hilary Duff. Where are my pills?

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 12:17:49 PM »
WAAAAAHHH!  We won't have Conan O'Brien doing the Central Time Zone countdown for two whole years!!

Oh wait...the Fox special always takes care of that where I live...never mind...
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

GS Warehouse

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 02:26:30 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 31 2005, 06:17 AM\']Anyway...you know that publicity shot of Clark, Seacrest, and Hilary Duff that ABC released for NYRE? It is believed they did some Photoshopping to make it appear he's standing alongside the co-hosts.
[snapback]106312[/snapback]
[/quote]I remember hearing from someplace that the likeness of Clark is actually from two years ago.  And pics of Duff alone in that pose have surfaced.

And now, here comes the last bad joke of 2005:[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 31 2005, 08:35 AM\']... And to think that was the hot spot for decades to check out Guy & The Canadiens from the Waldorf. ...
[snapback]106318[/snapback]
[/quote]Who's playing at the Statler?  [rim shot]

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 06:29:16 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 31 2005, 02:26 PM\']And now, here comes the last bad joke of 2005:[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 31 2005, 08:35 AM\']... And to think that was the hot spot for decades to check out Guy & The Canadiens from the Waldorf. ...
[snapback]106318[/snapback]
[/quote]Who's playing at the Statler?  [rim shot]
[snapback]106337[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just to illustrate how bad that joke really was...you do know that Statler and Waldorf's names came from the hotels, right? :-P