Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Make a Deal or No Deal of the Century  (Read 5417 times)

MrBuddwing

Let's Make a Deal or No Deal of the Century
« on: December 30, 2005, 12:32:17 AM »
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but ...

Do prospective contestants have to pay their own way as well as their supporters' to be on DoND? Or will the production company spring for at least part of the fare?

Where is DoND produced? NBC Burbank? Or some other L.A.-area facility?

Thanks.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 03:27:16 AM »
Not sure about the contestants airfare & such but I do remember reading somewhere else that DoND was taped at CBS Television City(which beats the heck out of me that they'd tape thare instead of a network-owned studio).

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 06:25:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 12:27 AM\']... I do remember reading somewhere else that DoND was taped at CBS Television City (which beats the heck out of me that they'd tape thare instead of a network-owned studio).
[snapback]106218[/snapback]
[/quote]
CBS TVCity Studio 46. Why there? Huge studio, state of the art  facilities (not many control rooms can accommodate 10 cameras), and arguably the best crews in town.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 06:28:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 03:27 AM\']I do remember reading somewhere else that DoND was taped at CBS Television City(which beats the heck out of me that they'd tape thare instead of a network-owned studio).
[/quote]
Ummm...network-owned. What do you consider CBS?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 06:28:29 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 07:52:08 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 06:28 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 03:27 AM\']I do remember reading somewhere else that DoND was taped at CBS Television City(which beats the heck out of me that they'd tape thare instead of a network-owned studio).
[/quote]
Ummm...network-owned. What do you consider CBS?
[snapback]106220[/snapback]
[/quote]
We knew he meant "NBC" owned. But everything beats the heck out of him.

Brandon Brooks

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 11:33:45 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 05:25 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 12:27 AM\']... I do remember reading somewhere else that DoND was taped at CBS Television City (which beats the heck out of me that they'd tape thare instead of a network-owned studio).
[/quote]
CBS TVCity Studio 46. Why there? Huge studio, state of the art  facilities (not many control rooms can accommodate 10 cameras), and arguably the best crews in town.
[snapback]106219[/snapback]
[/quote]

They were CBS employee tech crews for "DOND," correct?  Only asking because it seemed like "Idol" used mostly free-lancers, even if they were shooting at TV City.  Not to mention that the NBC generic credits are in such small print and change so damn fast that you can't read any of them--and I don't want to keep hitting pause just to see if Allen Latter or Mary Ann Jorgensen were working on that particular show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 11:45:59 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 08:33 AM\']and I don't want to keep hitting pause just to see if Allen Latter or Mary Ann Jorgensen were working on that particular show.
[snapback]106230[/snapback]
[/quote]
And this is why you will never be Zach Horan.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 11:46:11 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 11:33 AM\']They were CBS employee tech crews for "DOND," correct?  Only asking because it seemed like "Idol" used mostly free-lancers, even if they were shooting at TV City.  Not to mention that the NBC generic credits are in such small print and change so damn fast that you can't read any of them--and I don't want to keep hitting pause just to see if Allen Latter or Mary Ann Jorgensen were working on that particular show.
[/quote]

I didn't see any CBS techs' names at all...
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 11:47:51 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 10:33 AM\']Not to mention that the NBC generic credits are in such small print and change so damn fast that you can't read any of them--and I don't want to keep hitting pause just to see if Allen Latter or Mary Ann Jorgensen were working on that particular show.
[/quote]
At least the credits as presented on CNBC are readable (of course, they also whiz by).  But at least you wouldn't have to strain.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 11:57:56 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 10:47 AM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 10:33 AM\']Not to mention that the NBC generic credits are in such small print and change so damn fast that you can't read any of them--and I don't want to keep hitting pause just to see if Allen Latter or Mary Ann Jorgensen were working on that particular show.
[/quote]
At least the credits as presented on CNBC are readable (of course, they also whiz by).  But at least you wouldn't have to strain.
[snapback]106234[/snapback]
[/quote]

Interesting, considering that both "Apprentice"s this season used on CNBC NBC generic credits (with three or four promos back to back--but I like the use of a Wall Street Journal-style woodcut picture of Maria Baritomo in the "WSJ Report" promos), with the NBC chimes accompanying the logos instead of the Burnett flame SFX and the Trump synth fanfare.  (When CNBC repurposed "The Office" last year, I noted that the producers hadn't even bothered to have closing theme music, since they figured that people wouldn't see the credit sequences until the DVD came out.)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 12:20:04 PM »
Latter and Jorgensen are not listed in the credits, though that does not mean they did not work on the show.  The paycheck may have been credit enough.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvrandywest

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 01:04:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 09:20 AM\']Latter and Jorgensen are not listed in the credits, though that does not mean they did not work on the show.  The paycheck may have been credit enough.
[snapback]106240[/snapback]
[/quote]
TPiR taped the same day, so the CBS techs and stagehands regularly assigned to that show were limited to visiting on their lunch break, which several did. But Bill Monk (CBS electronics) and other familiar TV City faces worked D/ND.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:04:54 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Ian Wallis

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 03:02:13 PM »
Not to mention that the NBC generic credits are in such small print and change so damn fast that you can't read any of them--.

Anyone seen "Entertainment Tonight" lately?  They seem to run their full credits in about 5 seconds - they go so fast it's like a blur - you can't read anything.  I'm almost thinking "why bother?"  I don't make a habit out of watching "ET" so I'm not sure how long they've been doing this.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 06:42:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 03:02 PM\']
Not to mention that the NBC generic credits are in such small print and change so damn fast that you can't read any of them--.

Anyone seen "Entertainment Tonight" lately?  They seem to run their full credits in about 5 seconds - they go so fast it's like a blur - you can't read anything.  I'm almost thinking "why bother?"  I don't make a habit out of watching "ET" so I'm not sure how long they've been doing this.
[snapback]106248[/snapback]
[/quote]
I couldn't believe it myself the first time I noticed it. However, I think they've slowed it down to the point where you can at least make an effort to read it.

Not that I watch the show. :-P

{Production Geek}As for D/ND on CNBC, are the credits on a black background like every other current show, or do they just continue over shots of the studio?{/PG}
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 07:03:54 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 06:42 PM\']are the credits on a black background like every other current show
[snapback]106270[/snapback]
[/quote]
yes
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS