Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gameshow on the Discovery Channel  (Read 4554 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Gameshow on the Discovery Channel
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:30:17 PM »
Has anyone heard of the show, "Cash Cab"?  If so, how long has it been on?

Interesting show...
--Matt

StevensM

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:41:51 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 09:30 PM\']Has anyone heard of the show, "Cash Cab"?  If so, how long has it been on?

Interesting show...
[snapback]106198[/snapback]
[/quote]

It premiered on December 5, with forty episodes ordered for the first series, around twenty of which have aired so far.  I haven't heard whether Discovery Channel has ordered additional episodes.

It's fun to watch, but not particularly compelling or addicting.  Some of the elements are obviously borrowed, but it's an interesting take on the classic quiz show.

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 07:45:45 AM »
You know, there is a Search function here.  I'd highly recommend using it before making posts like this again.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 04:45 AM\']You know, there is a Search function here.  I'd highly recommend using it before making posts like this again.
[snapback]106221[/snapback]
[/quote]
While I've learned to work around its idiosyncrasies, I can totally understand why a new user would get frustrated trying to use the Search function on this thing. So I'm not gonna knock him too much for that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 03:30:09 PM »
It's not that I don't know about the search function, I just choose not to use it because it absolutely sucks.  That's a problem with IPS boards.
--Matt

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 03:46:55 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 12:30 PM\']It's not that I don't know about the search function, I just choose not to use it because it absolutely sucks.  That's a problem with IPS boards.
[snapback]106252[/snapback]
[/quote]
Right there with you. You can learn to make it work with a lot of fiddling and trying and whatnot, but I totally agree, you work with it, it doesn't work with you.

dzinkin

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 04:06:15 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 03:46 PM\'][quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 12:30 PM\']It's not that I don't know about the search function, I just choose not to use it because it absolutely sucks.  That's a problem with IPS boards.
[snapback]106252[/snapback]
[/quote]
Right there with you. You can learn to make it work with a lot of fiddling and trying and whatnot, but I totally agree, you work with it, it doesn't work with you.
[snapback]106256[/snapback]
[/quote]
I usually end up going to the "More Options" window right away -- it's the only way I can get predictable results, but it's an extra hassle nonetheless.

Now, if the OP had asked about Cash Cab and there had been another thread about it, say, on the first screen, then I'd wonder about his competence.  (That said, I'm sure such a scenario will happen sometime today... it's just been that kind of a day for me. :-)

brianhenke

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 06:01:42 PM »
gameshownewsnet.com summarizes the Cash Cab episodes on their Short Shots.

Brian

Will Smith played Hutch?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 06:02:02 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 06:38:07 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 06:01 PM\']gameshownewsnet.com summarizes the Cash Cab episodes on their Short Shots.
[/quote]
Fabulous.  Now that Beverly's gone, you had to find a new site to write for, huh?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 06:42:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 03:38 PM\']Fabulous.  Now that Beverly's gone, you had to find a new site to write for, huh?
[snapback]106267[/snapback]
[/quote]
Um, it didn't take very much research to find out that Henke is NOT writing for GSNN, and frankly I would be pretty surprised if they would have him.

And Summer's Eve is very effective for cleansing sandy vaginas.