Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy weekend rerun  (Read 2883 times)

bellbm

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« on: August 26, 2003, 12:37:39 AM »
I have a question about the weekend re-run of Jeopardy!.
In Chicago, they never show the fee plugs, it is just an edit from \"goodbye\" to the credits.
Now last week I was in Las Vegas, and caught the rerun, and they ran the fee plugs.
Was it just a flook that week, or is ABC-7 here in Chicago editing those out?
How does it air in other markets?

BrandonFG

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 01:18:19 AM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' date=\'Aug 25 2003, 11:37 PM\'] I have a question about the weekend re-run of Jeopardy!.
In Chicago, they never show the fee plugs, it is just an edit from "goodbye" to the credits.
Now last week I was in Las Vegas, and caught the rerun, and they ran the fee plugs.
Was it just a flook that week, or is ABC-7 here in Chicago editing those out?
How does it air in other markets? [/quote]
 We get the fee plugs on Norfolk reruns. BTW, are Ben Tritle's eps. still airing? When I last saw it, he had just won his 2nd match.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

bellbm

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 07:31:23 PM »
Then WLS in Chicago must, for some odd reason, edit these out.

Also, it was announced in the paper today that WLS will expand their 11:30 newscast to an hour, and start it at 11 AM.  This comes after ABC announce Port Charles will end.  I was hoping for a rerun of Jeopardy or something, but apparently not.

rugrats1

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 09:27:57 PM »
I think WLS is editing out the fee plugs because they're old plugs (I think), and WLS can use the extra time for fresh commercials. I don't know if WLS is allowed to cut the plugs, whether they're old or not.

Jimmy Owen

Jeopardy weekend rerun
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 09:42:35 PM »
It's all in the contract.  Back in 1989, LBS put an additional three fee plugs on the Combs Feud and WJBK in Detroit refused to air the fee plugs and inserted a PSA since more commercial time violated the contract.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.