Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or no Deal ... new return date?  (Read 8104 times)

tomalhe

Deal or no Deal ... new return date?
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:15:59 PM »
DonD model Leyla Milani revealed last week on Sirius OUTQ's Derek and Romaine Show that Deal or no Deal is returning on NBC in February, contrary to previous reports that it wouldn't be  on the grids until march... welcome to the world of game show crack...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:37:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tomalhe\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 12:15 PM\']DonD model Leyla Milani revealed last week on Sirius OUTQ's Derek and Romaine Show that Deal or no Deal is returning on NBC in February, contrary to previous reports that it wouldn't be  on the grids until march... welcome to the world of game show crack...
[snapback]107152[/snapback]
[/quote]
Somehow I have to wonder if one of the Briefcase Girls is the most reliable source for this information. Is it possible they are taping in February for a March airing?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 03:37:57 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 03:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tomalhe\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 04:15 PM\']welcome to the world of game show crack...
[/quote]

So that's what musicman's been smokin'...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 03:46:24 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 02:37 PM\'][quote name=\'tomalhe\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 12:15 PM\']DonD model Leyla Milani revealed last week on Sirius OUTQ's Derek and Romaine Show that Deal or no Deal is returning on NBC in February, contrary to previous reports that it wouldn't be  on the grids until march... welcome to the world of game show crack...
[/quote]
Somehow I have to wonder if one of the Briefcase Girls is the most reliable source for this information. Is it possible they are taping in February for a March airing?
[snapback]107153[/snapback]
[/quote]
My guess is more than likely you're right.  Unless they plan to air it before the Olympics, the earliest it could air would be 2/27/06.  While that's a possibility, isn't that still part of sweeps?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

itiparanoid13

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »
As of what I know, they are taping in early February, supposedly the first week.

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 07:37:30 PM »
Mark my words : The moment the torch goes out, Howie goes on. The Following Night.

Why? What else does NBC have to bank on?

Sweeps ends March 2. Plenty of time for the girls.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:40:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 04:37 PM\']Why? What else does NBC have to bank on?
[/quote]
A Very Special My Name Is Earl?
Sweeps ends March 2. Plenty of time for the girls.
That would get 4 nights in, the Friday would just be a little something extra for the kids. I could see that happening.

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »
Claudia states on her yahoo group to look for episodes in March, and she's a reliable source.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 08:58:04 PM »
Yes, scheduled to tape in February for March.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 09:52:58 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 08:58 PM\']Yes, scheduled to tape in February for March.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]107174[/snapback]
[/quote]
But will it be a paid audience again?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 11:09:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 9 2006, 06:52 PM\']But will it be a paid audience again?
[snapback]107175[/snapback]
[/quote]
Don't know. It's up to the production company whether they want to work with CBS or stay with the outside firm they used before (I think the faces last taping looked familiar from Audiences Unlimited, but I can't keep them all straight). See if tix end up available at the CBS ticket hut or not. That will give you the answer.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:09:56 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 06:52:56 PM »
A little useless note:

While watching Karn Feud recently, I noticed at the end of the show where the Pizza Delivery guy shows up and gives away some pizza.

I believe said delivery guy works for Audiences Unlimited loading the audiences for various shows, including Feud.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 06:53:26 PM by cmjb13 »

tvrandywest

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »
Audience pizza delivery guy. And they say there's no way to break into show business!!

Randy
tvrandywest.com

MrBuddwing

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 08:57:25 PM »
But will it be a paid audience again?
[snapback]107175[/snapback]

"Paid audience"? (Pardon my ignorance...)

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' date=\'Jan 10 2006, 05:57 PM\']"Paid audience"? (Pardon my ignorance...)
[snapback]107263[/snapback]
[/quote]
There are companies in Hollywood (like the aforementioned Audiences Unlimited) who provide "audience members" to shows taped before same, who are actors being paid to act the part.