Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attack of the Game Show  (Read 3591 times)

Speedy G

Attack of the Game Show
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:42:51 AM »
For the three of you who haven't disavowed all knowledge of the network G4, one of this week's episodes of Attack of the Show featured a segment about a guy who traded up from a single red paper clip.  Within the segment is a satire of a particular recent game show.

Digging around in the archives turned up a couple other game show-related segments, one in the second half of the clip and the other briefly near the end of its clip.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

TonicBH

Attack of the Game Show
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 02:39:57 AM »
Now if G4 wasn't a steaming pile, I might find this interesting.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Attack of the Game Show
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 02:54:27 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jan 11 2006, 11:39 PM\']Now if G4 wasn't a steaming pile, I might find this interesting.
[snapback]107389[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I can't forgive them for killing Call For Help and The Screen Savers. Or any of the other TechTV-gutting Comcast did for them.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

Attack of the Game Show
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 06:03:16 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 02:54 AM\'][quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jan 11 2006, 11:39 PM\']Now if G4 wasn't a steaming pile, I might find this interesting.
[snapback]107389[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I can't forgive them for killing Call For Help and The Screen Savers. Or any of the other TechTV-gutting Comcast did for them.
[snapback]107390[/snapback]
[/quote]
I thought Leo had a show as of a few weeks ago. But apparently, CFH was cancelled in Dec.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:49:45 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Attack of the Game Show
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:50:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 03:03 AM\']I thought Leo had a show as of a few weeks ago. But apparently, CFH was cancelled in Dec.
[snapback]107396[/snapback]
[/quote]
I listen to two of Leo's podcasts (the commercial-edited version of his KFI weekend talk show and This Week In Tech), and this matter came up. Apparently he's been doing new episodes of CFH for the Canadian version of G4 (which is still G4TechTV), and G4 in the US has been running repeats for the longest time, and then finally killed it.

He has expressed interest in releasing the show as a podcast, but there's no way that's gonna happen as long as he's in bed with those idiots at Comcast.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe