Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "King of Vegas"  (Read 3311 times)

weaklink75

"King of Vegas"
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:51:20 PM »
This show that premieres next Tuesday on Spike TV. They call it a reality show, but since it's entirely based around gambling games (not just poker and blackjack), I would think it's basically a game show. It's the ultimate version of "Dealer's Choice", so to speak..And it's a $1 million winner-take-all tournament, which I think is a first for a show made for cable (excluding things like WPT/WSOP shows). It's certainly an eclectic mix of people, although a few of them are known to WPT/WSOP/WSOB/Poker Royale watchers....at least it's something to watch on Tuesday nights until The Amazing Race comes back 2/28...any thoughts?

Here's the Spike TV website.... (although they just redesigned it, so it's really fussy)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:55:29 PM by weaklink75 »

MikeK

• Martha!
"King of Vegas"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 02:02:25 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 01:51 PM\']..any thoughts?[/quote]
Oh goodie!  I haven't had my Hollywood Dave Stann fix in a long time.  (Sarcasm implied, since numerous people have been in a snarky mood over whether it's sarcasm or not.)

OTOH, Evelyn Ng (eye candy) and Mike Matusow are participating.  The only thing King of Vegas is missing is Phil Hellmuth blowing up when a player, whose talent is obviously inferior to Hellmuth's, beats Hellmuth.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
"King of Vegas"
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 02:06:21 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 03:02 PM\']OTOH, Evelyn Ng (eye candy) and Mike Matusow are participating.  The only thing King of Vegas is missing is Phil Hellmuth blowing up when a player, whose talent is obviously inferior to Hellmuth's, beats Hellmuth.
[snapback]107414[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think Spike's banking on Mike the Mouth to be up to his old tricks here, so they won't miss Phil the Poker Brat...but if he's gonna keep his mouth shut like he did for most of the 2005 WSOP Main Event, I would feel a tick ripped off.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 02:06:46 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022