Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN TCA Announcements  (Read 8007 times)

itiparanoid13

GSN TCA Announcements
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:41:58 PM »
But lots of specials.  Full indepth listing is here.  Here is an overview of what's coming.

I've Got A Secret will debut on April 17th at 1PM ET/PT.

Mark L. Walberg and Danielle Demski will host the first ever Three Card National Poker Championship on Monday May 17th and 24th at 9PM ET/PT.

Not good enough for a full series, but good enough for a special: Annie Duke will take on the world on Annie Duke Takes On the World on Monday, May 1st, at 9PM ET/PT.

AOL and GSN are going to join together for the 2006 Blackjack tournament, as you can start playing on www.aol.com/blackjack on January 19th to possibly win entry to the tournament.  It still start in April.  

Kenny VS Spenny comes back making people want to commit suicide and giving GSN their sought after 0.0 rating for the show on Saturday.  That's all the info given.  It just said "Saturday".

Lingo will start taping next week and will debut it's fifth season on Monday, April 3rd.  This season features the increasing Super Lingo jackpot.

A Valentine's Day marathon featuring The Newlywed Game and Love Connection will be on, uh, Valentine's Day, February 12th, from 9AM-3PM ET/PT.

And there you have it.  What do you all think?

MikeK

• Martha!
GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 11:41 PM\']A Valentine's Day marathon featuring The Newlywed Game and Love Connection will be on, uh, Valentine's Day, February 12th, from 9AM-3PM ET/PT.

And there you have it.  What do you all think?[/quote]
I think you celebrate Valentine's Day two days earlier than the rest of us, Alex. :-)

xibit777

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:27:12 AM »
So I guess all that about how GSN is going to try reviving game shows in primetime was hogwash.   IGaS was perfect for the 10pm slot.   I guess they don't expect much from it.  But luckily it looks like they're replacing Newleywed Game for it, so that's always a plus.

Kenny vs. Spenny on Saturday?   heh   Sad.  It better not be replacing any decent show.   Hopefully it gets its customary 2am slot that no one is awake to see.  On your page it says this is the 2nd season.  But didn't they already start airing that?

Lingo 5th season, very nice.  Nothing news breaking there since we heard that before.

Specials, well ok.  They're specials.  Nothing big really.

Overall, pretty disappointed.    Basically they just admitted they are keeping primetime exactly the same as it has been for the last year.  IGaS and Lingo aren't going there.  Those specials will be far and few between.  

Annie Duke poker?  HUH? lol   who's that.  

[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 12:13 AM\'][quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 11:41 PM\']A Valentine's Day marathon featuring The Newlywed Game and Love Connection will be on, uh, Valentine's Day, February 12th, from 9AM-3PM ET/PT.

And there you have it.  What do you all think?[/quote]
I think you celebrate Valentine's Day two days earlier than the rest of us, Alex. :-)
[snapback]107521[/snapback]
[/quote]

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jan 12 2006, 09:27 PM\']Annie Duke poker?  HUH? lol   who's that. 
[/quote]
A Google search would have told you that she's more than qualified to be the central subject of a poker show. Too bad you couldn't be bothered and chose to spout off instead.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 12:37:39 AM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 12:27 AM\']So I guess all that about how GSN is going to try reviving game shows in primetime was hogwash. [/quote]
And when exactly did they say this?  
It better not be replacing any decent show.
And what exactly do you plan to do if they bump Press Your Luck for it?  Complain to the International Board on Classic Game Shows?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:37:50 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

xibit777

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 01:22:42 AM »
Go look at the prof's site.  He had an interview with one of the head honchos at GSN.  And they said they were planning on going back to their roots with game shows.

BTW this is a forum to express your opinions about what GSN is doing.  So why are you posting smartass comments like "what are you going to do? complain to the international board on classic game shows?"    If you don't like people to give opinions, move to Cuba or China.   You'd fit right in.

BrandonFG

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 01:34:58 AM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 01:22 AM\']Go look at the prof's site.  He had an interview with one of the head honchos at GSN.  And they said they were planning on going back to their roots with game shows.[/quote]
OK, so you just automatically assume that from a brief list of seven shows, most of which are one or two time specials (and two of which are "traditional" game shows), GSN has automatically given up on what they said they would do? That list doesn't mean too much to me. I mean, it's not like GSN said they were going back to 100% game shows.
BTW this is a forum to express your opinions about what GSN is doing.  So why are you posting smartass comments like "what are you going to do? complain to the international board on classic game shows?"    If you don't like people to give opinions, move to Cuba or China.   You'd fit right in.
[snapback]107531[/snapback]
This is not meant to be a slam aginast you, but when you make a baseless assumption that this schedule is the end of the world, you're setting yourself up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 02:02:46 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

itiparanoid13

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:49:31 AM »
The Valentine's Day marathon is on February 12th.  That's not Valentines Day, so my mistake.  People from GSN confirmed it.  Also, those at GSN also stated to me that I've Got A Secret is at 11PM ET/PT, not 1PM like every news source on earth is reporting.  I'll double check today.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:17:12 AM by itiparanoid13 »

xibit777

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 11:30:50 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 06:49 AM\']The Valentine's Day marathon is on February 12th.  That's not Valentines Day, so my mistake.  People from GSN confirmed it.  Also, those at GSN also stated to me that I've Got A Secret is at 11PM ET/PT, not 1PM like every news source on earth is reporting.  I'll double check today.
[snapback]107543[/snapback]
[/quote]

But you posted on the GSN boards that its going to air at 10pm.   I hope its not at 11 or we can kiss goodbye to the short lived 70's hour.   10pm seems a lot more likely, just like I said in my post.  Funny how these people bashing me here thought I was an idiot, when I was right all along.   GSN did say that they were going to try game show revivals in primetime and it looks like they might stick to their word.

BTW, according to the GSN schedule, Kenny vs. Spenny is on this Saturday at 2am.  That's probably all that they meant.   They really didn't have much news to announce if that's all they could come up with.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:31:55 AM by xibit777 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 08:30 AM\']Funny how these people bashing me here thought I was an idiot, when I was right all along.
[snapback]107556[/snapback]
[/quote]
I, for one, am still pretty sure I'm right about that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

itiparanoid13

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 12:40:48 PM »
I know, I'm going to fix the one at GSN.com soon.  I've been really busy today.

davemackey

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09:21 PM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 01:27 AM\']Annie Duke poker?
[snapback]107523[/snapback]
[/quote]
I would.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:09:38 PM by davemackey »

tvwxman

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:13:36 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 05:09 PM\'][quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jan 13 2006, 01:27 AM\']Annie Duke poker?
[snapback]107523[/snapback]
[/quote]
I would.
[snapback]107600[/snapback]
[/quote]

Line O The Day. Simply done, and nicely done too!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

The Pyramids

GSN TCA Announcements
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 08:57:18 AM »
Wait a minute...where's 'American Dream Derby II'?

Seriously, 'Lingo' and 'I've Got a Secret' will be here in 3 months and after that there should be an announcement about the Michael Davies project or projects. That's good news.