Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS promoting Game Show Marathon  (Read 8786 times)

wheelloon

CBS promoting Game Show Marathon
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 04:22:33 PM »
Dawson is most doubtful as a possible guest. He's tried to keep himself out of the public eye for some time now, and the last thing I'm sure he wants to do right now is be on a game show...

IMHO, Betty White is always good for game shows, along with some of that, dare I say it, "Whose Line is it Anyway" gang. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if I were to see the likes of Phil Koeghan and Jeff Probst so to plug their own shows...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

uncamark

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 12:39:22 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Jan 21 2006, 03:22 PM\']Dawson is most doubtful as a possible guest. He's tried to keep himself out of the public eye for some time now, and the last thing I'm sure he wants to do right now is be on a game show...

IMHO, Betty White is always good for game shows, along with some of that, dare I say it, "Whose Line is it Anyway" gang. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if I were to see the likes of Phil Koeghan and Jeff Probst so to plug their own shows...
[snapback]108227[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, I'm seeing Probst and Keoghan as the *hosts*, especially if all involved want to have two hosts like Ant and Dec (even though that worked so not well with Seacrest and Dunkelman).

tvwxman

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 12:39 PM\']
Actually, I'm seeing Probst and Keoghan as the *hosts*, especially if all involved want to have two hosts like Ant and Dec (even though that worked so not well with Seacrest and Dunkelman).
[snapback]108389[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can just forsee that the 6 celebs will be CBS stars. PLEASE someone book Brad Garrett as one of them. Hell, i'd bet he'd be a good host.

Is Tom Bergeron locked into ABC ? Does he have some sort of development deal with them?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Mike Tennant

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 01:32:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 05:49 PM\'][quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jan 20 2006, 01:15 PM\']I still think a discussion of potential celebrity players, with an eye to who among current celebs would be a good and entertaining player, would be worth the bandwidth.
[/quote]
I would love to know if you still feel that way after you see some of the suggestions people here come up with.
[snapback]108181[/snapback]
[/quote]
Good point, although thus far we're on pretty solid territory, but then most of the usual suspects for the Bowling Buddy award haven't weighed in yet.

davewalls

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 02:56:45 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 01:25 PM\']
Is Tom Bergeron locked into ABC ? Does he have some sort of development deal with them?
[snapback]108399[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tom was on WMMR/Philly this morning, promoting "Dancing with the Stars", and he did mention that he has a developmental deal with ABC. The best line of the morning: "If ABC needs a host....and Regis has the flu...I'm their man."
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 03:07:45 PM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 03:56 PM\']The best line of the morning: "If ABC needs a host....and Regis has the flu...I'm their man."[/quote]
That is a perfect Bergeron line.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 03:15:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 12:07 PM\'][quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 03:56 PM\']The best line of the morning: "If ABC needs a host....and Regis has the flu...I'm their man."[/quote]
That is a perfect Bergeron line.
[snapback]108404[/snapback]
[/quote]
At least he's honest. :)

/bump him to the #1 slot, dammit :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 03:30:20 PM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 02:56 PM\']Tom was on WMMR/Philly this morning, promoting "Dancing with the Stars", and he did mention that he has a developmental deal with ABC. The best line of the morning: "If ABC needs a host....and Regis has the flu...I'm their man."
[snapback]108401[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's VERY interesting. Regis' new deal with the network gives him a 4 day work week (shades of Letterman/Conan)....I'd imagine they'll spend the next few years 'gently looking' at heir apparents.......Tom and Kelly, anyone?
-------------

Matt

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 01:25 PM\']You can just forsee that the 6 celebs will be CBS stars. PLEASE someone book Brad Garrett as one of them. Hell, i'd bet he'd be a good host.
[/quote]
I'd honestly suggest the cast members of some of CBS' hit shows work the panel together. Cast members from "Raymond" one episode, the cast from "CSI" the next?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 05:20 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 01:25 PM\']You can just forsee that the 6 celebs will be CBS stars. PLEASE someone book Brad Garrett as one of them. Hell, i'd bet he'd be a good host.
[/quote]
I'd honestly suggest the cast members of some of CBS' hit shows work the panel together. Cast members from "Raymond" one episode, the cast from "CSI" the next?
[snapback]108416[/snapback]
[/quote]

Go back to post #10 . It's explained there how this works...not the way you are suggesting.
-------------

Matt

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 08:16:15 AM »
I'd like to see "Family Feud" with Charlie Sheen and his family.  Denise, Martin, Emilio and....Heidi?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 03:51:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 02:30 PM\'][quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Jan 23 2006, 02:56 PM\']Tom was on WMMR/Philly this morning, promoting "Dancing with the Stars", and he did mention that he has a developmental deal with ABC. The best line of the morning: "If ABC needs a host....and Regis has the flu...I'm their man."
[snapback]108401[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's VERY interesting. Regis' new deal with the network gives him a 4 day work week (shades of Letterman/Conan)....I'd imagine they'll spend the next few years 'gently looking' at heir apparents.......Tom and Kelly, anyone?
[snapback]108406[/snapback]
[/quote]

He actually had a talk show project under consideration with Amy Yasbeck Ritter, but it looks like it's gone by the wayside in favor of Megan, Rachael, the "He's Not That Into You" guy and someone else.

LA the DJ

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »
Have we even seen anything yet that says our version will be using celebrities?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

uncamark

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 04:44:21 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jan 24 2006, 03:09 PM\']Have we even seen anything yet that says our version will be using celebrities?
[snapback]108512[/snapback]
[/quote]

Virtually every mention of the show from winter press tour said that celebs would be involved, usually with "celebrities" in quotes or "C-list" preceding the word.

LA the DJ

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 06:55:15 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 24 2006, 04:44 PM\']Virtually every mention of the show from winter press tour said that celebs would be involved, usually with "celebrities" in quotes or "C-list" preceding the word.
[snapback]108518[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd seen that much, but I thought the only mentions thus far was that the British version was done that way, or am I incorrect?

EDIT: Upon looking, I see a few reports making some mention of celebs playing, so I guess I'll assume that's official.

Anyhow...
With CBS/Freemantle working on this project, and the announcement today of the CW Network, it seems even more likely now that this could be a launching pad for a new round of game shows. After all, the affiliates left out in the cold will have a lot of time to fill looking for new syndicated programs (via FM), and the CW will have a lot of hours in the day to fill, as well (possibly from CBS's end).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 07:01:39 PM by nWo_Whammy »
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.