Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal Air Date  (Read 8244 times)

cool245

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:57:42 PM »
-
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:08:50 PM by cool245 »

GS Warehouse

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:05:07 PM »
I'd like to know where WCAU got that date.  NBC is all Olympics, all the time that week.  Maybe not all the time; they'll find time for Brian Williams.

FeudDude

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »
It's going to be integrated into the Olympics.

tvwxman

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 05:11 PM\']It's going to be integrated into the Olympics.
[snapback]108046[/snapback]
[/quote]

Tremendous.

You can take this silver medal, or ski jump one more time, for a gold, but remember, the East German banker may give you only a bronze. Deal or No Deal?????

The models could provide play by play. I'd watch them over Costas any day! :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

weaklink75

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 07:23:31 PM »
The Olympics end the 26th (According to the NBC Olympics Schedule), so a 2/24 date isn't really feasible....plus the 24th is the Figure Skating "Champions Gala", so no way will NBC not show that. (although I'd more likely be watching the Curling finals)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:28:38 PM by weaklink75 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 07:30:42 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 04:23 PM\'](although I'd more likely be watching the Curling finals)
[snapback]108074[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm SO all over that. "Hard! HAAAARD!!!!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 09:07:50 PM »
I was watching on the digi cable a preview for curling just last night, and the two gals from the US...how do you say Mr. Lemon...they make me feel all funny all over.

I'd rather have Jim Lampley over Costas as the lead guy...coincidentally this Olympiad breaks a record..."Lamps" now has the distinction of having covered the most Olympiads ever.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 09:15:32 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 06:07 PM\']I'd rather have Jim Lampley over Costas as the lead guy...
[/quote]
Well, that certainly makes one of you, since it's pretty widely held in the sports broadcasting community that Jim Lampley is a complete and total hack.

(With good hair.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 09:40:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 09:15 PM\']
Well, that certainly makes one of you, since it's pretty widely held in the sports broadcasting community that Jim Lampley is a complete and total hack.

(With good hair.)
[snapback]108094[/snapback]
[/quote]

Agreed. I've thought "Lamps" was a complete tool since seeing him on HBO in the early '90s (incidentally, another Jim, with the surname of Gray, ain't much better.).

FOXSportsFan

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »
Sportscasting incite or lack thereof time...lol

I find Costas a bit full of himself, meself...not that he doesn't have right to be, of course, but still...little guy with big ego...

To me Costas beats around the bush a little much, and that's not for me...Lamps is a little more to the point, hence a slight edge.  But, I'll split the difference...how about Dan Hicks, the overnight guy for NBC getting some more air time?

All that said, both guys are in my opinion a little out of their best case scenario element.

Costas excels at baseball play by play.  He lives and breathes the game and does the game justice.  That said, if he got over his baseball purist ways a little (he still wishes the wild card was never created I'm sure), he'd maybe be holding Vin Scully's jock.

Lampley does a solid job of selling an event, no matter how crappy it turns out. Case in point again, HBO Boxing.  He's not Howard Cosell or Don Dunphy, but he calls a fight with great enthusiasm and makes a ho hum fight worth watching.  And anyone who can keep senile old Larry Merchant in line gets major kudos.

ObGameshows sorta: Costas was considered for 21...Lampley...well aside from an Eagle Eyes sunglasses infomercial, he twiddles his thumbs and finds new ways to break his surgically repaired hip.

Oh, and Chris, I think Jim's hair plugs need some work, lol.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:38:08 PM by FOXSportsFan »

FOXSportsFan

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »
Getting away from The Sports Machine...

Did any of our Philly area board inhabitants head to D&B to tryout tonight?

Jimmy Owen

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 10:51:05 PM »
Alex Trebek used to do a lot of curling commentary back in the day.  Since everything's on tape, why not have him cover the matches in post.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

davewalls

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 11:24:09 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Jan 19 2006, 10:42 PM\']
Did any of our Philly area board inhabitants head to D&B to tryout tonight?
[snapback]108105[/snapback]
[/quote]

Got stuck at work until 9pm..figured it wasn't worth going to after that.

Anyone?
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

tvmitch

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 12:52:17 PM »
Entertained the hour-and-a-half drive to Philly to see what's going on, but figured it wasn't worth it. I didn't know if I had to bring the posse they ask for if you send a video audition.

There is an Amazing Race tryout today in Philly, too. It's on KYW's site somewhere. My brother and I swear that would win that show if we were put on, but he's up at school.
You should follow me on Twitter

StevensM

Deal or No Deal Air Date
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 01:02:56 PM »
Interesting.  For what it's worth, I noticed we're not the only ones wondering when the show will be back.  Take a look at what one of our paper's general TV/radio columnists said:

NEWS, NO NEWS: Ever since NBC aired five nights of a new game show, "Deal or No Deal," the week before Christmas - with cable repeats - Inside TV & Radio has been getting nearly daily calls or e-mails asking what happened to Howie Mandel's version of a show that has successful versions in other countries.

First off, nothing happened. It was only scheduled to air five nights in the week before Christmas.

But, more importantly, the show is due back on NBC sometime in the spring, don't know where, don't know when.

http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/jan06/385981.asp

I guess the show must be popular if the game show columnists online aren't the only ones being flooded with e-mails & calls.