Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DVD Recorder Question  (Read 5213 times)

dzinkin

DVD Recorder Question
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 11:35:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 11:29 AM\']Can you get your money back if you get one or two bad disks or is it not worth the effort?
[snapback]77294[/snapback]
[/quote]
Depends on the company involved, but typically you'll pay more in postage to send them back than you would on new disks, especially if it's just one or two.

Of course, were I to buy a pack of 100 and find that the first ten were bad, I would definitely make an effort to get my money back on the whole package.

Ian Wallis

DVD Recorder Question
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 01:42:24 PM »
Burned at least 200 discs in 6 months, and I've had two coasters, both caused by excessive pausing while recording. When I dub shows to DVD, I no longer remove the commercials.

I've got a lot of GSN shows I'd like to remove the commercials from when I get into converting everything.  I know it's been stated on this board previously that some machines are more friendly to pausing than others.  

If I try to dub a show, hit "pause" during commercials on my VHS tape, and then release the pause, and do this for the 8 + shows I can fit on every DVD, am I going to run into problems?  Or, does it depend on the type of machine I have, and the quality of the discs?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

roadgeek

DVD Recorder Question
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 02:49:18 PM »
I found that pausing with my machine messed things up royally, up until I changed my pausing habits.  Once I hit a button (such as pause) and let it sit for a few seconds, then did my cueing *carefully* (no sudden back-and-forth moves), then paused, waited a few seconds, hit "copy" to bring up the menu, waited a few more seconds, then hit "copy" again to confirm -- *then* I had a pretty decent success rate.

I like to put a week's worth of shows onto one disc with SP quality, so I don't have any choice but to skip the commercials.