Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: India game show canceled...  (Read 4097 times)

brianhenke

India game show canceled...
« on: January 26, 2006, 06:24:35 AM »
A game show in India modeled on WWTBAM has been canceled due to the host suffering a serious illness, according to this BBC story:

BBC News story

Brian

Lasting expressions?
The leaves start to change color in May?

curtking

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 08:36:14 AM »

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
Curt's link works, Brian's doesn't. Big surprise.

Still learned not how to copy and paste, I see.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »
It seems to me that I saw somewhere that a East Indian programming channel on one of the pie dish satellite services is currently airing the Indian version of "WWTBAM"--but before some of you get all excited, remember that the foreign-language services are extra cost.

StevensM

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 04:55:54 PM »
I believe it airs (or maybe did air) on STAR Plus, available on some cable & satellite systems.

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »
[quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Jan 26 2006, 04:55 PM\']I believe it airs (or maybe did air) on STAR Plus, available on some cable & satellite systems.
[snapback]108749[/snapback]
[/quote]
It did indeed.  In the USA Star Plus is available on DirecTV (no surprise as they're co-owned), but as Mark pointed out, it's not free.  Star Plus and four other South Asian channels are bundled together for $30/month, and depending on what satellite carries your local channels, you'll need either a bigger dish or a second dish; naturally, neither the new dish nor the installation are free.

FWIW, it appears that Sony Entertainment Television Asia, one of the South Asian channels carried on Dish Network, has Deal Ya No Deal on its schedule.  Expect to pay extra for the channel and new equipment there too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 05:11:08 PM by dzinkin »

remlap

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 08:39:07 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jan 26 2006, 11:07 PM\'][quote name=\'StevensM\' date=\'Jan 26 2006, 04:55 PM\']I believe it airs (or maybe did air) on STAR Plus, available on some cable & satellite systems.
[snapback]108749[/snapback]
[/quote]
It did indeed.  In the USA Star Plus is available on DirecTV (no surprise as they're co-owned), but as Mark pointed out, it's not free.  Star Plus and four other South Asian channels are bundled together for $30/month, and depending on what satellite carries your local channels, you'll need either a bigger dish or a second dish; naturally, neither the new dish nor the installation are free.

FWIW, it appears that Sony Entertainment Television Asia, one of the South Asian channels carried on Dish Network, has Deal Ya No Deal on its schedule.  Expect to pay extra for the channel and new equipment there too.
[snapback]108756[/snapback]
[/quote]

Here Star Plus is part of the family package on SKY I enjoyed the one episode I caught of their version of Millionaire to the point where it was my favorite.

Sony TV Asia is a subscription channel here though for ages it was free on another satellite I was dispointed not beeing able to see their version of Deal.

Im sad to hear about Amitabh Bachchan the man just has "IT" he could be a superstar anywhere in the world.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 08:47:15 PM by remlap »