Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's at the Toy Fair?  (Read 5968 times)

tvwxman

What's at the Toy Fair?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 04:35:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 08:50 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 04:29 PM\']As mentioned earlier, Deal or No Deal is getting double treatment in electronic form, but the home game rights have been secured by Pressman Games. Explained to me by Jim Pressman himself, the home game format is VERY different from the show, to allow for multiple players, allowing guessing whats in your own briefcase, and trying to accumulate more money quicker than your opponents. Honestly, I thought it was a bit confusing, and methinks D/nD will work better as an electronic game that involves a computer chip determining banker payouts.
[snapback]110248[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, this sounds like an adaptation of the rather nifty Aussie home game done by Crown and Andrews (yep, I have this one too).

<snipped the rest>
[snapback]110274[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's it. Exactly it. Right down to the plastic details. Look for it at ToysRUs....

Nice job with the interpreting.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Clay Zambo

What's at the Toy Fair?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 10:16:14 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 15 2006, 08:51 PM\']The UK version plays up the psychology of the game, whereas the US plays up the "hey, let's throw money around cause Joey didn't do so well in the ratings".
[/quote]

Not that there's anything wrong with SOMETHING replacing "Joey"...
czambo@mac.com

Bob Zager

What's at the Toy Fair?
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »
Here is a link to MSNBC's website, showing a photo of the prototype DOND games, giving a pretty good idea of the actual sizes.  Though no mention of it, it looks like a PC game version is shown off to the right-hand side of the illustration, unless it is the DVD version compatible with PCs.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11332155/displaymo...rstry/11334054/

BTW, has anyone seen any illustrations of the Pressman box game, mentioned in this section?

tvwxman

What's at the Toy Fair?
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 10:51:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 10:44 AM\']Here is a link to MSNBC's website, showing a photo of the prototype DOND games, giving a pretty good idea of the actual sizes.  Though no mention of it, it looks like a PC game version is shown off to the right-hand side of the illustration, unless it is the DVD version compatible with PCs.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11332155/displaymo...rstry/11334054/

BTW, has anyone seen any illustrations of the Pressman box game, mentioned in this section?
[snapback]110318[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not sure that was a PC version...the I games booth had prototypes for the games, but they weren't working yet. Meaning, only plastic was on display there....and PC games arent' a part of the toy fair....so i'm wondering if the photo is showing a copy of the show...

and the pressman box cover (for now) just has the logo on it....much like the aussie version just has their logo on the front....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

What's at the Toy Fair?
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 11:25:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 10:16 AM\']
Not that there's anything wrong with SOMETHING replacing "Joey"...
[snapback]110317[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, "Joey" is coming back soon, with back-to-back episodes on Tuesdays from 8-9. I smell a burnoff.

ObGameShow: When the character of Joey was on "Friends", one episode centered around him being a contestant on "Pyramid".