Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN movies  (Read 6622 times)

The Pyramids

GSN movies
« on: February 02, 2006, 09:06:58 PM »
Any thoughts if GSN were to get into the tv movie business as its been suggested on tvgamshows.net?

I find all of the suggestions unlikely. Behind the scenes movies about  'TPIR' & 'Feud', both of which have been discussed here, would get my curiosity going. Still chances for anything,   for better or worse, seem to be to me slim and none.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 09:08:07 PM by PaulD »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
GSN movies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Feb 2 2006, 10:06 PM\']Any thoughts if GSN were to get into the tv movie business as its been suggested on tvgamshows.net?
[snapback]109298[/snapback]
[/quote]

All I saw was "tvgameshows.net" and I didn't need to see anymore.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

GSN movies
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 11:52:06 PM »
I was half-expecting them to haul out "The Running Man" with the Governor of Ca. and Richard Dawson as a companion piece to "Anything to Win."

If they did do TV-Movies, I think they would lean towards Lifetime-style dramas revolving around women-in-Jeopardy!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

GSN movies
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 01:07:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 2 2006, 11:52 PM\']I was half-expecting them to haul out "The Running Man" with the Governor of Ca. and Richard Dawson as a companion piece to "Anything to Win."
[snapback]109325[/snapback]
[/quote]
And they could throw in a Hogan's Heroes block just because Richard Dawson was in it. Actually, I'd prefer HH to much of the stuff on that channel these days anyhow.

Matt Ottinger

GSN movies
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 10:22:43 AM »
There's no one who would rather see a movie about Bill Cullen than I, and even I know it's not going to happen.

I've said many times that something a lot more doable would be Biography-style profiles of noable individuals and shows, both recent and historical.  Of course, if they really wanted to do the "historical", they might want to get on it while we still have some of those figures left.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.