Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Balance Game  (Read 6668 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Balance Game
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 12:39:23 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 09:16 AM\']Squeeze Play and Pick a Number could also be called Triple Prices, but they're not. Freeze Frame could be called Octuple Prices, and Push Over could be called Sextuple Prices(depending on if and where zeroes appear in the series of numbers). Safe Crackers could have been called Sextuple prices in its early days(where zero was not always among the numbers on the dials of the safe), and could be called Quadruple prices today. The latter applies to Two for the Price of One.
[snapback]109707[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay, who put the caffeine in Zach's orange juice this morning?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Robert Hutchinson

Balance Game
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 05:27:39 PM »
You have to learn to enjoy the small blessings. Like how Zach still managed to screw up something, calling Safe Crackers of today "Quadruple Prices" when it's really "Double Prices".

. . . what?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Balance Game
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 05:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 02:27 PM\']. . . what?
[snapback]109749[/snapback]
[/quote]
My sentiments exactly, except I added a "TF" to it. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Balance Game
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 07:12:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 8 2006, 05:27 PM\']You have to learn to enjoy the small blessings. Like how Zach still managed to screw up something, calling Safe Crackers of today "Quadruple Prices" when it's really "Double Prices".

. . . what?
[snapback]109749[/snapback]
[/quote]

There are four possible prices for the second prize when 0 is one of the numbers on the safe, two prices if the player knows the end in zero rule. They usually end the prices in zero on Safe Crackers but not always on Ten Chances.

Jimmy_1

Balance Game
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 11:06:03 PM »
I liked the new Balance Game.  The set is simple and the colors look good together.  The scale wobbling up and down with the sound effects was fun to see.  It would be funny if they added sparks flying out from the scale if the contestant loses.
   I am sure you noted Bob noted the use of "Barker Dollars".  Someone threw a bone to the trivia fans out ther eby referencing a prop regularly featured in the original version of the game.

gwarman2005

Balance Game
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »
Am I the minority that liked the old version better?

Of course.... I'm also hoping for the return of Prof. Price.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Balance Game
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »
Am I the minority that liked the old version better?

No. The old version was certainly a more intriguing pricing game, but even as a fan of it, I'll admit it needed to be retired if it was that baffling to contestants. Or maybe they just needed to tell the players the scale only needed to be balanced "within 5" so there was no need to physically add the Barker dollars.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Balance Game
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 02:48:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy_1\' date=\'Feb 11 2006, 08:06 PM\']I liked the new Balance Game.  The set is simple and the colors look good together.  The scale wobbling up and down with the sound effects was fun to see.
[/quote]
Really? I thought the exaggerated flopping around looked idiotic.
It would be funny if they added sparks flying out from the scale if the contestant loses.
Eye candy (and, worse, completely illogical eye candy) for a loss? I'm reminded of a video game about the arms race that came out in the early 80's, called "Balance Of Power". If you failed, it simply popped up a text screen that displayed something very close to the following:

You have ignited a nuclear war.

And no, there is no animated display or a mushroom cloud with parts of bodies flying through the air.

We do not reward failure.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 02:50:04 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Balance Game
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2006, 05:32:32 PM »
[quote name=\'gwarman2005\' date=\'Feb 12 2006, 01:14 PM\']Am I the minority that liked the old version better?[/quote]

I agree. As stated by others, it was too confusing for its own good.

Of course.... I'm also hoping for the return of Prof. Price.

You sure you really want that? The poor professor was an E-Bay transaction years ago, and I can't say that I really miss him. :-D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:32:54 PM by NicholasM79 »