Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal Or No Deal Increases Prizes  (Read 4660 times)

narzo

Deal Or No Deal Increases Prizes
« on: February 13, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 07:07:22 PM »
Needless...Maybe.
Cool...kinda.

Considering there's one version that has a top prize of 5 million Euros, 3 million's not that bad.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 07:09:37 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

Speedy G

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:39:02 PM »
Yay for the offers going up by 20 grand a night!  *gags*

Seriously.  There's just short of a 1 in 4 chance that the TDV stays on the board with 6 cases remaining.  If the banker offers the average it's half a million bucks.  And if the 5-ep run in December is any indicator, that's basically what the banker's going to offer.

Thank goodness for UKNova... I can watch an intriguing version of the show.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »
Nice gimmick.  IMO, if proven successful, I would use this week-long jackpot tactic every Nielsen sweeps period.  (Hope you're listening, Scott St. John!!!  Hehehe.)
-Sanford

rebelwrest

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 09:55:57 PM »
Since this a little on topic, it looks like the British DOND prize values are falling.UK Deal or No Deal

Also if you search game show on this site, you will find episodes of the Indian DOND
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 02:14:17 AM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Feb 13 2006, 09:55 PM\']Also if you search game show on this site, you will find episodes of the Indian DOND
[snapback]110087[/snapback]
[/quote]

You don't say?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 03:21:27 AM »
It's nice to see DoND offering a "jackpot"-type top prize during its next week-long event.  The idea's a good one.  Two things that have me wondering:

1) If a contestant say picks a case that's $2M, will the top prize be reverted back to $1M or will the top prize go even higher for the next show($2,5M)?

2).  Will the jackpot gimmick carry over into the weekly series?  I doubt it though.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 01:36:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 03:21 AM\']1) If a contestant say picks a case that's $2M, will the top prize be reverted back to $1M or will the top prize go even higher for the next show($2,5M)?
[snapback]110100[/snapback]
[/quote]
Did you even read the release?

Beginning on Tuesday, February 28, the top prize will be $1.5 million -- and as the week progresses, the top prize will escalate each night by an additional one-half million dollars, concluding on Friday, March 3 with a $3-million-dollar prize.

<shakes head in bafflement>

Brandon Brooks

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »
Mo.  Money.

That being said: Wish I'd been able to get in line for THIS one.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »
I wonder how the top value increasing will work re: straddling. That is, will the top prize increase automatically at the beginning of each show, or not until a new contestant is introduced? That could introduce a weird new strategy.

"Okay, Steve-- Deal Or No Deal?"
"It depends, Howie. How long have we been taping?"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 01:09 PM\']I wonder how the top value increasing will work re: straddling. That is, will the top prize increase automatically at the beginning of each show, or not until a new contestant is introduced? That could introduce a weird new strategy.
[snapback]110149[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I wondered that myself. It makes ZERO sense to change the value of one or more briefcases in-game, for just the reason you cite...it completely skews the previous bank offers.

As a contestant, particularly one later in the show, I can see no reason why I would want to pick cases with any sort of dispatch, either. (Of course, that can always be fixed by setting their Edit-O-Matic to "puree".)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 05:15 PM\']Yeah, I wondered that myself. It makes ZERO sense to change the value of one or more briefcases in-game, for just the reason you cite...it completely skews the previous bank offers.[/quote]
I assumed the new top value would begin with the first new game each day.  Seems by far the simplest approach.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 04:58:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 01:43 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 14 2006, 05:15 PM\']Yeah, I wondered that myself. It makes ZERO sense to change the value of one or more briefcases in-game, for just the reason you cite...it completely skews the previous bank offers.[/quote]
I assumed the new top value would begin with the first new game each day.  Seems by far the simplest approach.
[snapback]110153[/snapback]
[/quote]
I agree, but it also seems terribly unwieldy for Howie to have to explain, potentially twenty minutes into the show, that oh by the way the top value just changed.

I'll give 'em credit and assume they've figured out a smooth way to do it, and I'll look forward to seeing exactly what they ends up being.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe