Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: XEW-TV Mexico  (Read 7350 times)

remlap

XEW-TV Mexico
« on: February 16, 2006, 04:37:28 PM »
Anyone got more info on this version I have XEW-TV on right now.

Seems to follow the British and Indian version of having people who will be playing have boxes not models.

Cheers.

tvmitch

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »
Here's a link to the official site.
You should follow me on Twitter

uncamark

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 04:07 PM\']Here's a link to the official site.
[snapback]110340[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which eventually did confirm that Televisa is carrying the show--XEW is better known as "Canal de las Estrellas" ("Channel of the Stars"), a slogan used by the U.S. Galavision channel for a while before Televisa had to sell its interest in parent company Univision.

"100 Mexicanos Dijeron" and the Mexican version of "TPIR" both originated on Televisa, which is still the dominant network(s) in Mexico, although they haven't enjoyed the monopoly they used to have for many years now.

remlap

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »
I knew all this :D

I do check up on what feeds / channels I pick up on my dish from around the world, hence how I knew what the call signs were :D

jdhernandez

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 11:48:45 PM »
As an aside, the daytime version of VonV captured the same weekday time slot as "Atinale al Precio" and the recently-cancelled "100 Mexicanos Dijeron" on Canal de las Estrellas.

Of course, the Saturday night version of VonV overlaps with a portion of the Mexican version of "The Weakest Link" on another network, which I can't remember right now.

.....and how do you get XEW-TV? I've been wondering in vain how to see some Vas O No Vas. I've been Jones'ing for the Saturday night version ever since I first saw the show two years ago, and even moreso after I came back from this last trip. ;-D
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Brandon Brooks

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:52:09 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 11:48 PM\']As an aside, the daytime version of VonV captured the same weekday time slot as "Atinale al Precio" and the recently-cancelled "100 Mexicanos Dijeron" on Canal de las Estrellas.
[snapback]110374[/snapback]
[/quote]
CND has been canceled?

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 01:45:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 09:06 PM\']The Mexican Weakest Link in on TV AZTECA and here's a page all about it.  After checking them out, the unofficial site has a pretty good bit of pics of global versions and both sites have a lot of videos.
[/quote]
I love how with each iteration of this show, the host looks more and more like they were plucked wholesale off of the set of a Harry Potter movie.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

remlap

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 09:15:07 AM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 17 2006, 05:48 AM\']As an aside, the daytime version of VonV captured the same weekday time slot as "Atinale al Precio" and the recently-cancelled "100 Mexicanos Dijeron" on Canal de las Estrellas.

Of course, the Saturday night version of VonV overlaps with a portion of the Mexican version of "The Weakest Link" on another network, which I can't remember right now.

.....and how do you get XEW-TV? I've been wondering in vain how to see some Vas O No Vas. I've been Jones'ing for the Saturday night version ever since I first saw the show two years ago, and even moreso after I came back from this last trip. ;-D
[snapback]110374[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for all this information.

I get it on a satellite mulitscreen thing thats not the best but still Im the other side of the Atlantic to even view XEW-TV is great.

Its on a satellite thats rarely used other than feeds for Mexican networks to be recieved in Europe and WWE to fed into Europe.

Still they left this on :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 09:17:52 AM by remlap »

uncamark

XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 17 2006, 12:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Feb 16 2006, 09:06 PM\']The Mexican Weakest Link in on TV AZTECA and here's a page all about it.  After checking them out, the unofficial site has a pretty good bit of pics of global versions and both sites have a lot of videos.
[/quote]
I love how with each iteration of this show, the host looks more and more like they were plucked wholesale off of the set of a Harry Potter movie.
[snapback]110381[/snapback]
[/quote]

And I love the fact that Fremantle's Mexican operation produces this version.  The game show world seems so insular sometimes.

And from all indications, this show is not on Azteca America (neither is any other game show, from all indications, although they have the Mexican version of the "Star Academy" talent-show-meets-"Big Brother" format that I just saw that NBC is picking up here--and yes, I know it's not a game show).

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
XEW-TV Mexico
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »
And from all indications, this show is not on Azteca America

It is not and has never been, sadly.
Mexico's El Rival Más Débil has also been cancelled, which is another pity because it came to be one of the best versions.

--Jamie