Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Craig Ferguson on UK Gameshows?  (Read 3980 times)

Shredder

Craig Ferguson on UK Gameshows?
« on: February 18, 2006, 03:27:55 PM »
I was googling Ferguson to see what would turn up, and I came across a UK Gameshow page.  This the same guy as the host of the Late Late Show, and if so, what shows has Craig been on?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 03:46:43 PM »
Perhaps if we knew what page you were looking at, we might possibly be better able to answer these questions.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »
His IMDB listing says he appeared in Have I Got News for You? and The Brain Drain. It wouldn't surprise me if his resume had several more of those witty-takes-on-the-news UK shows on it.

And yes, it's the same guy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 07:21:50 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »
My cheeky wee monkeys (WHIP SNAPS)...he's more than Craig Ferguson, he's TV's Craig Ferguson.  Just like Tim McCarver isn't really Tim McCarver, he's Chevrolet's Tim McCarver.  He had the Chevy emblem charred on his arse by Deion Sanders not long after he threw that container of water on him.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 18 2006, 06:20 PM\']His IMDB listing says he appeared in Have I Got News for You? and The Brain Drain. It wouldn't surprise me if his resume had several more of those witty-takes-on-the-news UK shows on it.

And yes, it's the same guy.
[snapback]110491[/snapback]
[/quote]

On Nov. 15, 1991, to be exact, with the other guest panelist the avuncular anchorman Sir Trevor MacDonald, the Cronkite of the UK.  The "HIGNFY" fan site as a summary of the show:

http://www.hignfy.net/epguide2b.htm

Their separate listing on him says that they would like to see him back on the show again.  Clips from Ferguson's appearance also seem to be on a "Very Best of HIGFNY" DVD that can only be played in this country on all-region DVD players, most likely.