Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tweaking The Price is Right  (Read 5584 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Tweaking The Price is Right
« on: February 19, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »
Good Sunday to you all!

As I read the Show Summaries for Tuesday's Price is Right $1M Spectacular, A question came to mind.

I am a big fan of nighttime PIR, but I too was underwhelmed by the Valentine's Day special. Someone called the show, and I paraphrase, a daytime show with a crane-operated camera.

I totally agree...so my question is this: what can CBS and Barker do to differentiate between the daytime show and its nighttime counterpart?* Set changes? Modified rules for current pricing games? Anything?

I await your answers. Thanks in advance.

Hey Mr. Lemon, how about that Lauren Graham? :)

The Inquisitive One

*Keeping in mind that these are only SUGGESTIONS and are not to be considered  by CBS and Barker.
This is the Way.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:25:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Feb 19 2006, 03:50 PM\']I totally agree...so my question is this: what can CBS and Barker do to differentiate between the daytime show and its nighttime counterpart?* Set changes? Modified rules for current pricing games? Anything?
[/quote]
Why do they need to?

I remember a day when running a daytime game show in prime time was enough of a reason for it to be a special occasion. The All-Star Family Feud specials came to mind. Celebs playing for charity, throw Dawson in a tux, make it an hour, and give out some trophies at the end, but otherwise, it was the SAME SHOW.

What's wrong with just doing it? "Price in primetime, CBS Thursday!" That's plenty for me, I don't need monumental set changes or eighteen gajillion dollars in prizes or any of that stuff, and the people who DO need that aren't their target audience anyhow.
Hey Mr. Lemon, how about that Lauren Graham? :)
I'll let you know as soon as I am FINISHED with her. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »
Breaking news! A Seattle Bed, Bath and Beyond has just been robbed!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 09:19:05 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 19 2006, 05:50 PM\']Breaking news! A Seattle Bed, Bath and Beyond has just been robbed!
[snapback]110586[/snapback]
[/quote]
Touche, sir. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »
The primetime fortunes of TPIR are not going to rise and fall over whether a small cadre of die-hard fans -- who would watch every episode anyway -- are vaguely underwhelmed because the show wasn't special enough.  This is a show that has thrived for more than thirty years under the philosophy that change is bad.

As long as they throw around bigger-sounding numbers and put the models in slightly more faux-elegant dresses, that's as "different" as they need to be for the PM.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 12:33:12 AM »
I'm going to take a bold risk here...use the 94 NPiR theme (DUCKS).  I mean it goes better with the MDS Opening Vamp.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 12:36:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 19 2006, 09:34 PM\']The primetime fortunes of TPIR are not going to rise and fall over whether a small cadre of die-hard fans -- who would watch every episode anyway -- are vaguely underwhelmed because the show wasn't special enough.  This is a show that has thrived for more than thirty years under the philosophy that change is bad.

As long as they throw around bigger-sounding numbers and put the models in slightly more faux-elegant dresses, that's as "different" as they need to be for the PM.
[snapback]110596[/snapback]
[/quote]

And the jib crane.  And the added sweetening.

Somehow, I imagine Bart Eskander acting like Johnny LaRue of "SCTV" when it came to getting the jib crane for the MDS shows--demanding that he had to have his crane shot.

Shredder

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 01:31:40 PM »
They can always use that futureristic looking camera thing strung on wires found at Football Games to get some interesting camera shots to liven things up :)

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »
I'll see your Skycam and raise you the much maligned EyeVision.  36 cameras, in a 360 degree circle around the circumference of the stage/audience.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 02:07:06 PM »
I pray that Bart doesn't read this board.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 02:18:03 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Feb 20 2006, 12:05 PM\']I'll see your Skycam and raise you the much maligned EyeVision.  36 cameras, in a 360 degree circle around the circumference of the stage/audience.
[snapback]110641[/snapback]
[/quote]
And the NEXT DIE-MENSION of SUPER SAVERS!