Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Deal or No Deal" airs twice on week of March 6th  (Read 2678 times)

itiparanoid13

"Deal or No Deal" airs twice on week of March 6th
« on: February 25, 2006, 09:57:50 AM »
Someone from Denver just emailed me this, and TVGuide.com confirmed it.  "Deal or No Deal" will air twice in it's weekly debut time, on Monday March 6th at 8PM ET and Friday March 10th at 8PM ET.  I believe that Mandel has a guest spot on "Las Vegas" on the 10th, so I have no idea if this is permanent or just promotion to stay tuned for Vegas.  I'll get ahold of NBC as soon as I can.

scottua1

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Feb 25 2006, 09:57 AM\']Someone from Denver just emailed me this, and TVGuide.com confirmed it.  "Deal or No Deal" will air twice in it's weekly debut time, on Monday March 6th at 8PM ET and Friday March 10th at 8PM ET. I have no idea if this is permanent or just promotion to stay tuned for Vegas.
[/quote]
It's just a one-time thing for that week.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »
Yeah, I just found that out.  I had no idea, I better fix that.  Thanks for telling me, though.  My mistake, sorry.

scottua1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »
NBC has now also scheduled Deal for Friday 3/17, meaning it'll be airing twice a week for the first 2 weeks during its "weekly" run. Can you say "Millionaire," anyone?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 12:15:03 AM »
[quote name=\'scottua1\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 09:11 PM\']NBC has now also scheduled Deal for Friday 3/17, meaning it'll be airing twice a week for the first 2 weeks during its "weekly" run. Can you say "Millionaire," anyone?
[snapback]111507[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm gonna hold my criticisms until I see that this is in fact a habit instead of being a sweeps-month stunt.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 02:53:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 11:15 PM\'][quote name=\'scottua1\' date=\'Feb 27 2006, 09:11 PM\']NBC has now also scheduled Deal for Friday 3/17, meaning it'll be airing twice a week for the first 2 weeks during its "weekly" run. Can you say "Millionaire," anyone?
[snapback]111507[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm gonna hold my criticisms until I see that this is in fact a habit instead of being a sweeps-month stunt.
[snapback]111509[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, since sweeps end tomorrow...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 03:02:55 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 11:53 AM\']Well, since sweeps end tomorrow...
[snapback]111568[/snapback]
[/quote]
Does it? Was February the sweeps month? I suppose it was. Hmm.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 03:02 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 11:53 AM\']Well, since sweeps end tomorrow...
[snapback]111568[/snapback]
[/quote]
Does it? Was February the sweeps month? I suppose it was. Hmm.
[snapback]111570[/snapback]
[/quote]
You bet your sweet bippy it is, which is why the double pump seems suspicous.  I really hope NBC will hold back.

Brandon Brooks

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 11:08:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 28 2006, 03:08 PM\']You bet your sweet bippy it is*, which is why the double pump seems suspicous.  I really hope NBC will hold back.
[snapback]111572[/snapback]
[/quote]
I hope so too, but consider this: the regular 8:00 Friday occupant, Most Outrageous TV Moments, started the season as peroidic specials on Saturdays.  But NBC made it a regular Friday series when CBS drove Three Wishes into cancellation. :-P  But if DoND does better than MOTvM on Friday, then so be it.  IMO, we shouldn't start crying overkill unless it's three or more a week.

And I'm selling the sweeps-month-ends-today rationale.  In New York and Los Angeles--where all the stations are owned by their networks--every month is a sweeps month.

* ObGS: Dick Martin + Password Plus = Tom Kennedy - dignity

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 03:49:40 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 1 2006, 10:08 AM\']I hope so too, but consider this: the regular 8:00 Friday occupant, Most Outrageous TV Moments, started the season as peroidic specials on Saturdays.  But NBC made it a regular Friday series when CBS drove Three Wishes into cancellation. :-P  But if DoND does better than MOTvM on Friday, then so be it.  IMO, we shouldn't start crying overkill unless it's three or more a week.
[snapback]111674[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'd say it has a fair-to-midland shot of doing well on 3/17.  It'll be opposite the second night of the first round of the NCAAs (which for me means plenty of remote tag that night).  Not everyone will take advantage of going out for St. Paddy's Day.

And if it does well, don't be surprised if it winds up airing on 3/24, with the same competition (albeit now the third round of the NCAAs).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)