Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Friday's DoND  (Read 2336 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Friday's DoND
« on: March 04, 2006, 01:32:50 AM »
Did anyone notice tonight's DoND?  More specifically, when the girls basketball coach was on?  The editing was so crappy that when he still had $500,000 and $750,000 on the board, NBC revealed the results of his future choices!!  At one point, they even showed him down to only case #25 when he had 4 or 5 cases left. There were some other crap edits too.

My wife and I were pretty let down when we got the (un?)intentional spoiler from the NBC editing department.
--Matt

narzo

Friday's DoND
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 04:09:10 AM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 01:32 AM\']Did anyone notice tonight's DoND?  More specifically, when the girls basketball coach was on?  The editing was so crappy that when he still had $500,000 and $750,000 on the board, NBC revealed the results of his future choices!!  At one point, they even showed him down to only case #25 when he had 4 or 5 cases left. There were some other crap edits too.

My wife and I were pretty let down when we got the (un?)intentional spoiler from the NBC editing department.
[snapback]111923[/snapback]
[/quote]

noticed it, just one of MANY editing "problems" shall we say they had this week.

BrandonFG

Friday's DoND
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 04:38:07 AM »
One big one I noticed earlier in the week was that you actually heard the audience's reaction a split-second before we actually saw the dollar value inside the case.

I think it was on Monday's show.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Friday's DoND
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 05:13:35 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 01:09 AM\']noticed it, just one of MANY editing "problems" shall we say they had this week.
[snapback]111927[/snapback]
[/quote]
So what did you see that we all missed? I caught maybe two sloppy edits (I didn't see Friday's show) this week, and I was actively looking for them. I thought this week was vastly improved over December. Am I wrong?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

Friday's DoND
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:10:15 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 05:13 AM\'][quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 01:09 AM\']noticed it, just one of MANY editing "problems" shall we say they had this week.
[snapback]111927[/snapback]
[/quote]
So what did you see that we all missed? I caught maybe two sloppy edits (I didn't see Friday's show) this week, and I was actively looking for them. I thought this week was vastly improved over December. Am I wrong?
[snapback]111930[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not really, if you're looking for the massively overdubbed dialogue....

But I've concluded that with 19 cameras on the action, there's just too much "oooh, let's edit in the best angle/shot possible", which leads to some outofsync moments like mentioned previously...

Then again, after a week of this, I've noticed WAY bigger issues with this show. But hey, it's NBC sandbox....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TimK2003

Friday's DoND
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 07:57:03 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 05:13 AM\']So what did you see that we all missed? I caught maybe two sloppy edits (I didn't see Friday's show) this week, and I was actively looking for them. I thought this week was vastly improved over December. Am I wrong?
[snapback]111930[/snapback]
[/quote]

The one peeve that I had this week with shoddy editing was prevelent on the "$2.00 Tuesday" show.  On more than one occasion, when a significant case was opened and a dollar amount revealed, they went back to the shot of Howie & contestant reacting -- about a second and a half after the sfx guy and the audience reacted!

Two word solution:  SPLIT SCREEN!

itiparanoid13

Friday's DoND
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 10:20:50 AM »
I know exactly what he's talking about.  Friday's DoND has terrible editing at the end.  At a point when there were about 9 or 10 cases left on the board, they cut to the family and board camera view and CLEARLY only showed 5 values left on it.  Someone over at my house told me about this and I had to rewind it to be sure, and there it was.  I know also (this was more evident), they cut across the set on the last commercial break with 4 or 5 cases left in play, but only showed one on the stairs.  We weren't looking into this that much, these were clearly insight if you just didn't stare at the family when they showed their faces for 2 seconds.

joey7879

Friday's DoND
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Mar 4 2006, 10:20 AM\']I know exactly what he's talking about.  Friday's DoND has terrible editing at the end.  At a point when there were about 9 or 10 cases left on the board, they cut to the family and board camera view and CLEARLY only showed 5 values left on it.
[snapback]111938[/snapback]
[/quote]

So that's what it was... I remember going "Huh? The board didn't look like that a few seconds ago" during a shot but didn't think much of it.

The sloppy editing during the last game was probably because they wanted to start a fresh run on Monday. The top value goes back to $1M, no?

Unrealtor

Friday's DoND
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 11:56:53 PM »
I noticed Friday seemed choppy, and attributed it to trying to squeeze the last game into about 10 minutes (total time, including breaks) less than the others. I noticed the one shot where I thought the board didn't look right, but wasn't paying attention to the actual state of it.

The editing is still miles better than December's. I can no longer hear the pick-ups, and didn't notice as many obvious stop-downs (like how they had been rearranging the models after every bank offer then instead of at the breaks now.)
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Gromit

Friday's DoND
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 03:33:57 AM »
Interesting, completely missed that. But that's pretty much because I end up watching the show on one fast forward arrow on the tivo, because the pace is so slow. Only ocassionally will we slow it down to normal speed to hear a joke or something.