Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Daily appearance...  (Read 3013 times)

Shredder

Bill Daily appearance...
« on: March 07, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »
Hope I spelled that Right.  

But, the 80 year old Bill will be at the NY Comic Con in March.  March 31st, to April 2nd to be more exact..

I wonder if he'll be signing custom photos.... If I head out, may have to get a custome match game pic..

entguy1

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
But, the 80 year old Bill will be at the NY Comic Con in March.  March 31st, to April 2nd to be more exact..

Where do you get 80? IMDB says 77...

Shredder

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:12:06 PM »
Whoops, Must have entered the numbers in wrong on the calculator. I just saw the Birth date..

*Edit* Got my cons mixed up.  THat's what I get for trying to balance a scanning job, and typing in between scans.  He's appearing at the Big Apple Con March 31st - April2nd.  Here's there link, www.bigapplecon.com
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:14:24 PM by Shredder »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 05:39:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 02:12 PM\']Whoops, Must have entered the numbers in wrong on the calculator. I just saw the Birth date..

*Edit* Got my cons mixed up.  THat's what I get for trying to balance a scanning job, and typing in between scans.  He's appearing at the Big Apple Con March 31st - April2nd.  Here's there link, www.bigapplecon.com
[snapback]112140[/snapback]
[/quote]
And now I have to beg the question (and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious)...what's Bill Daly's connection that merits him showing up at a comic book convention?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:29:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 06:39 PM\']And now I have to beg the question (and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious)...what's Bill Daly's connection that merits him showing up at a comic book convention?[/quote]
I don't think you're missing anything obvious.  If you go to the website, there are several "celebrities" (including Jerri Manthey and Jane Wiedlin) who wouldn't immediately spring to mind as sci-fi favorites.  

(Although, as it turns out, Wiedlin is a huge Star Trek fan and had a tiny part in the fourth film.  Who knew?)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »
In one of his series, Bill Daily portrayed an astronaut, which could fit under the sci-fi-space-type fantasy realm.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 07:09:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 03:29 PM\']I don't think you're missing anything obvious.  If you go to the website, there are several "celebrities" (including Jerri Manthey and Jane Wiedlin) who wouldn't immediately spring to mind as sci-fi favorites. 
[/quote]
Wiedlin, at least, is both a) female and b) hot, which is very often the sole requirement to qualify for one of these gigs, Star Trek notwithstanding.

(Jerri Manthey, on the other hand...well, I'm gonna guess she was available.)
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 03:36 PM\']In one of his series, Bill Daily portrayed an astronaut, which could fit under the sci-fi-space-type fantasy realm.
[snapback]112151[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, he was Larry Hagman's buddy on Jeannie, wasn't he? Okay, a little obscure, but I can see that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:11:58 PM by clemon79 »

Fedya

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 11:15:20 PM »
It's good to see he's doing well.  I'd been wondering about his health since last year when PBS aired an "American Masters" (I think it was that show) on Bob Newhart, and Daily didn't show up at all in the discussions on "The Bob Newhart Show".

(For those who are wondering, Suzanne Pleshette and Peter Bonerz looked pretty good; and Marcia Wallace looked like she's trying to fight aging every step of the way and looking silly doing it.  Spiky red hair??  Dick Martin was also interviewed, and for an 80+ guy he looked great.)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

BrandonFG

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:34:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 11:15 PM\'](For those who are wondering, Suzanne Pleshette and Peter Bonerz looked pretty good; and Marcia Wallace looked like she's trying to fight aging every step of the way and looking silly doing it.  Spiky red hair??
[snapback]112180[/snapback]
[/quote]
Last time I saw her, she put on a lot of weight. Is she still doing voice work for "The Simpsons", mainly Mrs. Krabappel?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 04:12:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 08:15 PM\']Peter Bonerz looked pretty good
[/quote]
<Peter Griffin> He said "bonerz." </PG>

/giggity

Matt Ottinger

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:16:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Mar 8 2006, 12:15 AM\']For those who are wondering, Suzanne Pleshette and Peter Bonerz looked pretty good[/quote]

Bonerz (heh heh..."bonerz") is the only one of them still with a pretty active career.  For the last thirty years or so, he's been a sitcom director, helming hundreds of episodes of popular and not-so-popular series.

Matt Ottinger

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 11:16:51 PM »
Come to find out that the first season of I Dream of Jeannie is being released on DVD this week, so now at least we know why Bill Daily is making personal appearances.

DjohnsonCB

Bill Daily appearance...
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Mar 7 2006, 11:15 PM\']It's good to see he's doing well.  I'd been wondering about his health since last year when PBS aired an "American Masters" (I think it was that show) on Bob Newhart, and Daily didn't show up at all in the discussions on "The Bob Newhart Show".

(For those who are wondering, Suzanne Pleshette and Peter Bonerz looked pretty good; and Marcia Wallace looked like she's trying to fight aging every step of the way and looking silly doing it.  Spiky red hair??  Dick Martin was also interviewed, and for an 80+ guy he looked great.)
[snapback]112180[/snapback]
[/quote]

How about Jack Riley?  I'm curious because last time TV Land did their awards show, he had a cane.  Kind of a downer, because I have an idea for a new sitcom (sent the premise into Bravo's "Situation: Comedy", which they never chose to develop), in which he'd have made a great lead).
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel