Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Face The Music  (Read 1558 times)

bulldog_06

Face The Music
« on: March 12, 2006, 08:25:38 PM »
Does anyone have the theme to Face The Music?

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Face The Music
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:15:39 PM »
That would be rather tough, because the theme was always performed live on the stage during the show. The only way a recording of it would come up could possibly be from a promo reel or something similar...

davemackey

Face The Music
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 09:15 PM\']That would be rather tough, because the theme was always performed live on the stage during the show. The only way a recording of it would come up could possibly be from a promo reel or something similar...
[snapback]112598[/snapback]
[/quote]
Tommy Oliver's merry band did a lot of pre-records, including the closing theme and the prize cues, for the show's second season. It's very clear (at least to someone who's studied trombone) when the contestant is over leading the band at the end and the trombone slides don't quite match the theme song.

Tommy did pretty much the same when he subsequently did "Name That Tune" in '84. Lots of pre-records there too. I think it was done to save the musicians' chops (particularly the brass players) for the game material.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Face The Music
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »
Interesting... I never noticed that.

I wouldn't want to hear how the band was playing being lead by the contestant however...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Face The Music
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Mar 12 2006, 07:40 PM\']I wouldn't want to hear how the band was playing being lead by the contestant however...
[snapback]112604[/snapback]
[/quote]
Considering they were playing the same song they had played a thousand times before, safe to say they pretty much ignored the contestant and did what they always did. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe