Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS Marathon News...  (Read 29675 times)

Clay Zambo

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Mar 19 2006, 08:41 AM\']Just wondering if they would use the original themes to the shows they remake?
[snapback]113456[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have it on good authority that the themes will be authentic.
czambo@mac.com

entguy1

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 09:39:15 AM »
A Freemantle exec was on WGN radio in Chicago last night (mostly to plug "American Inventor"). He did mention the GS Marathon, and yes -- FF will be the final night, with the finalists' families.

Matt Ottinger

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 10:03:47 AM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' date=\'Mar 20 2006, 09:39 AM\']A Freemantle exec was on WGN radio in Chicago last night (mostly to plug "American Inventor"). He did mention the GS Marathon, and yes -- FF will be the final night, with the finalists' families.[/quote]
I have the surreal hope that if Adrienne Curry makes it to the finals, she brings  Christopher Knight who, in turn, brings along more Bradys.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »
In the wake of DOND's surprise success, I would have expected CBS(this project is being done for CBS, correct?) to do more primetime TPIRs for this Spring rather than this GS marathon. Wonder if Bob will have anything to say about someone other than him hosting TPIR on CBS? I think they'd have been better off bringing on a different host for each show(i.e. a TPIR Live host or Randy West for TPIR, Todd Newton for PYL, maybe Eubanks for CS, Michael Burger possibly for MG, etc.), but we'll see how it doesn't do in the ratings. If there was ever a time for ABC to give Regis another primetime stint, this would be it, but we'll see if they don't.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:36:18 AM by zachhoran »

Jimmy Owen

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 08:50:19 AM »
My personal thought is that Ricki Lake is not a serious contender to replace Bob Barker as permanent host of TPIR, so what's the harm in letting her host a one-shot special?  This is more of a lark for her, I don't think she actually wants to be a game show host full time.  Now put in a Todd Newton or Bob Goen, that would be a different story.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

LA the DJ

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
I am curious to see is FF and TPiR, the two shows on the air, will be retrofied, or if they'll just use the current sets for those. It sure would be fun to see the old Feud set one last time.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

WhammyPower

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 02:08 PM\']I am curious to see is FF and TPiR, the two shows on the air, will be retrofied, or if they'll just use the current sets for those. It sure would be fun to see the old Feud set one last time.
[snapback]113818[/snapback]
[/quote]
They're on GSN every day.

sshuffield70

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2006, 05:10:06 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 02:08 PM\']I am curious to see is FF and TPiR, the two shows on the air, will be retrofied, or if they'll just use the current sets for those. It sure would be fun to see the old Feud set one last time.
[snapback]113818[/snapback]
[/quote]

The last we heard about that set was over three ago for Old Navy's "Family Fleece" ad.  Following taping, it was reported that set was sent to the dumpster.  So, I'm not sure these will be original pieces, but new ones to recreate the original set.

Jimmy Owen

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 05:17:17 PM »
I'm guessing everybody here wants the recreated sets to all be from the second or later versions of the shows, right? (I count PYL as the second version of "Second Chance.")
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:54:30 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GS Marathon News...
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 02:17 PM\']I guessing everybody here wants the recreated sets to all be from the second or later versions of the shows, right? (I count PYL as the second version of "Second Chance.")
[snapback]113835[/snapback]
[/quote]
No. The Combs Feud set sucks. ("Sucks" is a harsh word. It was vastly inferior to the Dawson set, how's that?)

And I'd sure rather see the Perry set for Card Sharks over the Eubanks one.

Seeing an overly-stylized TPiR set would be entertaining just to see the Golden-Road CBG's have a coronary. :)

All of this, of course, assumes that I really do care all that much, which I really don't, provided that it looks good and the gameplay is fun.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:22:35 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
GS Marathon News...
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 05:44:56 PM »
The Combs Feud set sucks. ("Sucks" is a harsh word. It was vastly inferior to the Dawson set, how's that?)
Save the word "sucks" for the current set.

tvwxman

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 05:21 PM\']And I'd sure rather see the Perry set for Card Sharks over the Eubanks one.
[snapback]113836[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to Mandels' website...CS is recreating some of Perry's set, and MG will have the 70s stucco....

But keep in mind that the ENTIRE set won't be recreated here... Someone needs to put up screenshots of the Brit version...i'd bet dollars to donuts that the UK show will act as a template for what's done here...a Massive turntable in the middle of the stage, with scaled down versions of the games played on it...It's hard to describe , but the end result is : it looks good and faithful while still being modern and new.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GS Marathon News...
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 03:46 PM\']But keep in mind that the ENTIRE set won't be recreated here... Someone needs to put up screenshots of the Brit version...i'd bet dollars to donuts that the UK show will act as a template for what's done here...a Massive turntable in the middle of the stage, with scaled down versions of the games played on it...It's hard to describe , but the end result is : it looks good and faithful while still being modern and new.
[snapback]113841[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, and I'm totally fine with that too. My comment was merely to respond to Jimmy's blanket assumption that everyone likes the revival sets better than the originals.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 07:44:20 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 22 2006, 05:44 PM\']
The Combs Feud set sucks. ("Sucks" is a harsh word. It was vastly inferior to the Dawson set, how's that?)
Save the word "sucks" for the current set.
[snapback]113837[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hallelujah!

Brandon Brooks

TimK2003

GS Marathon News...
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2006, 09:06:09 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 16 2006, 02:08 PM\']"The Price Is Right"
"Let's Make a Deal"
"Match Game"
"Card Sharks"
"Press Your Luck"
"Beat the Clock"
"Family Feud"
Okay, everybody, all together now..."which of these things is not like the other..."

I knew about six of these. I was at the time assuming that the seventh would be Password, because it REALLY made sense in context. Friggin' LMAD?
[snapback]113160[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with the "WTF!?!?" sentiments regarding LMAD.  Not only is LMAD the only show of the bunch that has no Fremantle/G-T ties (at least domestically), but LMAD is also the only game show of the bunch that never had any of it's incarnations air on CBS!

Leaving out Password is a major disappointment, and I think would've worked a helluva lot better with an All-Star cast (especially with Betty White on Board) than LMAD.  Heck, Celebrity Whew! would've been a better pick than LMAD!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:25:04 PM by Matt Ottinger »