Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Howie on Howie  (Read 1696 times)

narzo

Howie on Howie
« on: March 24, 2006, 07:56:44 PM »
Great interview that will replay this evening if you can catch it; it's about 3 hours in to the show.  Howard's a big fan even though he didn't think he would be at first.  Without going over everything here's the "revelations".  Apparently there's a great deal of editing going on, people are overcome crying, throwing up, and fainting.  Howie Mandel told how one of the problems that's developed is the models fainting.  Turns out the body is not designed to stand motionless for too long, he compared it to being "at attention" in the military and how soldiers can just plain fall over.  There's been times in the tapings when there's a big moment of tension, you could hear a pin drop, but instead hear a loud crash, some models falling down the steps and cases are flying everywhere.  First I've heard of this happening but he said it's happened on a few occasions.

Other thing he admitted was there have been many times he's wanted to scream at contestants "are you f'ing nuts!  You’ve got no money, a family to feed, and you're turning down this money!!!”  

Howard Stern complimented Howie on his method of hosting, pointing out the one thing we all know, "you don't get in the way of the game".  Of course he had to ask all the typical Stern questions about the models but we'll keep this forum clean.

Matt Ottinger

Howie on Howie
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:10:05 PM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Mar 24 2006, 07:56 PM\']There's been times in the tapings when there's a big moment of tension, you could hear a pin drop, but instead hear a loud crash, some models falling down the steps and cases are flying everywhere.  First I've heard of this happening but he said it's happened on a few occasions.[/quote]
We've recognized the editing, but that's a fascinating tale of some of the reasons why that probably never occured to us.  With several of our members having attended tapings, I'm surprised no one's mentioned this before.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Howie on Howie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:33:31 PM »
OK, am I the only one that thought the thread title was more than a little naughty, especially considering we're discussing Howard Stern?

(I suppose it wouldn't be the same if the ladies had stools to sit on, would it?)
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

Howie on Howie
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 08:47:09 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Mar 24 2006, 07:56 PM\']Other thing he admitted was there have been many times he's wanted to scream at contestants "are you f'ing nuts!  You’ve got no money, a family to feed, and you're turning down this money!!!” 
[snapback]114080[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which makes me hope that Don Rickles gets to guest host sometime.
Yes, Howie does a terrific job. Shame on me for thinking he wouldn't before I even had the chance to watch the first show.
For those of you old enough to remember, how many of you thought "that singer from Your Hit Parade" would make a great game show host and still be at it over thirty years later?
For all of you who aren't old enough or can't summon the name of who I'm talking about, I'm referring to Chuck Woolery.
And to save us the trouble of reading someone's attempt at a retort later on, I'm fully aware that he left WOF.

aaron sica

Howie on Howie
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' date=\'Mar 24 2006, 07:56 PM\']Other thing he admitted was there have been many times he's wanted to scream at contestants "are you f'ing nuts!  You’ve got no money, a family to feed, and you're turning down this money!!!” 
[snapback]114080[/snapback]
[/quote]

He also pretty much said the same thing to TV's Craig Ferguson when he was a guest on there this week, too. :)

Brandon Brooks

Howie on Howie
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 03:09:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 25 2006, 08:47 AM\']And to save us the trouble of reading someone's attempt at a retort later on, I'm fully aware that he left WOF.
[snapback]114123[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, but have you heard about that show Pat O'Brien left?

Brandon Brooks