Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I've Got A Secret Web Site  (Read 5312 times)

gsfan85

I've Got A Secret Web Site
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:38:41 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just letting everyone know that there's video from the pilot for the new version of IGAS on gsn.com.

Set and logo are very different.  Think this episode will air?

Adam

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:50:58 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'116388\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 01:38 PM\']
Set and logo are very different.  Think this episode will air?
[/quote]
No.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:04:18 PM »
Is the concept of an unaired pilot really that hard to grasp? Which of the two words is causing all of the misunderstanding?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

sshuffield70

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:14:08 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'116416\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 06:04 PM\']
Is the concept of an unaired pilot really that hard to grasp? Which of the two words is causing all of the misunderstanding?
[/quote]

Seems to me the fanbois don't understand what the heck a pilot is.

gsfan85

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 11:47:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'116416\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 07:04 PM\']
[/quote]

Not necessarilly unaired.  There have been pilots to air as part of the regular series.

Adam

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 12:25:38 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'116464\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 08:47 PM\']
Not necessarilly unaired.  There have been pilots to air as part of the regular series.
[/quote]
Cite examples, please. Particularly ones where the set differs greatly from the finished product.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'116465\' date=\'Apr 17 2006, 11:25 PM\']
Cite examples, please. Particularly ones where the set differs greatly from the finished product.
[/quote]
The only two that I know of are "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" (had some kind of "reverse" points system) and "Name that Tune"; which featured something in place of "Tune Topics".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

gsfan85

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 12:57:28 AM »
The Name That Tune pilots had "Tune Countdown" instead.  There was also To Tell The Truth 1990, although that was accidently aired.  

Nick Arcade's pilot aired with slight set differences.  Wild & Crazy Kids had an aired pilot which was totally different, with different hosts, and was taped in 1989.

Can't think of any others right now.
Adam

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 01:01:40 AM »
The "Guinness Game" pilot aired with Bob Hilton as host.  Don Galloway hosted the actual series.

Coincidentally, IGAS '76 aired the test shows that were taped in '75 along with a couple of new ones recorded in '76.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 01:04:44 AM »
So, in other words, few and far between. I stand by my opinion. Not gonna happen.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 01:21:12 AM »
I would agree that it probably won't ever air.  Another show that eventually aired its pilots was 3aC.  Jim Peck didn't have a perm in those episodes, which I don't remember ever seeing until GSN. I don't know if they aired during the show's syndication run.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 08:38:23 AM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'116469\' date=\'Apr 18 2006, 12:57 AM\']
The Name That Tune pilots had "Tune Countdown" instead.  There was also To Tell The Truth 1990, although that was accidently aired.  

Nick Arcade's pilot aired with slight set differences.  Wild & Crazy Kids had an aired pilot which was totally different, with different hosts, and was taped in 1989.

Can't think of any others right now.
Adam
[/quote]

The pilot for the Lifetime version of Supermarket Sweep aired on Lifetime. One major difference between the pilot and the first season of the series is that the pilot allowed the teams to pick up more than one bonus(the first season on Lifetime had only the one bonus available, i.e. the giant sized item bonuses)

The pilot for Caesar's Challenge aired on NBC. I did not see it, but apparently it had some sort of "betting word" format that differed a bit from the series.

A Win Lose or Draw pilot aired on NBC at some point IIRC.

One could count the pilot/sneak preview episode of the Challengers that aired Labor Day weekend 1990, which allowed the winner of the game to play the Ultimate Challenge despite the series requiring a player to win three games to win.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 09:07:33 AM »
Not necessarilly unaired. There have been pilots to air as part of the regular series.

Win Lose or Draw,'s special "preview" episode aired in syndication the week before the regular series began.

Re. Caesar's Challenge, I don't believe that pilot ever aired.  I'm pretty sure the copy that a lot of us have comes from a studio master.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:11:23 AM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

mmb5

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 12:28:22 PM »
The Cram pilot aired.  It had a different scoring system (you started at 50 and the first round went in multiples of 5 rather than 10).  Graham was also the judge for the pauses rather than an off-screen judge.  There was also a round between the second and third where I believe they counted M&Ms before a commercial break and reported the results after.

--Mike, the only person in the world who misses Cram
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 12:44:39 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'116512\' date=\'Apr 18 2006, 09:28 AM\']
The Cram pilot aired.  It had a different scoring system (you started at 50 and the first round went in multiples of 5 rather than 10).  Graham was also the judge for the pauses rather than an off-screen judge.  There was also a round between the second and third where I believe they counted M&Ms before a commercial break and reported the results after.

--Mike, the only person in the world who misses Cram
[/quote]

One of the neat things I wish "Cram" had held over was that you had to keep your round two question points much in the same way you have to defend your meld in Pinochle. To score the question points, a team had to match two elements of their 'stunt', and all seven would double the total. Other than that, the stunt was worth nothing.

Do I miss the show? Naw, not really. But it was certainly a clever idea.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.