Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ideas and revivals  (Read 4397 times)

gamenut

ideas and revivals
« on: May 04, 2006, 08:53:01 PM »
you i have been searching on the internet and i have found very little ideas and revivals so i thought i should get the ball rolling

revival 1
 sale of the century

i would keep the same rules a before with the additon of these changes

i would add the cash cards segment from the austrialian version. for those who don't know this part i will give a explaination. the contestant with the highest score can sacrifice $15 dollars from their score to pick one of 4 cards (an ace of every suit) behind 1 of these is a cash jackpot that starts at $5000 and goes up $1000 every day it's not won behind another is a prize (between $100 and $2000 this is my own range) and annother adds $15 back onto their score the last one is a joker which is a booby prize. if the contestant doesen't want to play the jackpot  is removed and the second place player gets to choose.

the winners board is the same with the $10,000 square now $25,000. plus a cash jackpot which starts a $50,000 and goes up $2000 ever day can be won if the contestant come back the  next day after clears the winners board

revival 2 the price is right
i know this show is is still on but if i had to produce the show thsi is what i would do

monitors for contestant row

monitors for games that use led screens
male models ( hey it works on shows in other countires)
and the showcase round will feature a range finder with ranges from $5000 to $10,000 and the showcase could be anywhere 30,000 to almost $80,000 depending on how the expensive the prizes are

rival 3 wheel of fortune

i got this idea from the UK version with my own twist

contestants play for cash but whoever sovles the puzzle can pick one of 3 prizes shown to him/her the contestant with the most money wins
the bonus round contestants pick from the word wheel like before contestants can stay on for 5 games

proposal picture perfect

2 teams each comprized of a celebrity and a contestant play
the teams are show a board with 25 numbers with a picture behind it
a question is asked worth $50 and any member of either team can buzz in a correct answer gets the $50 and 2 spins at the board.

the team in control stops the board to reveal a prize (11 pairs plus one big prize like a trip that is 3 squares long ) if they if they match a piece of the picture is revealed and the prize is put in their bank and the team gets a chance to guess if they can't guess another question is asked like before.
whoever guesses the picture win the game and keeps the prizes

it takes 2 games to win a match

tie breaker times up round
if there isn't if time is running out on a game or theres a tie the game goes into speed picture round the picture is revealed one space at a time until some of the team members buzzes in ( note if this is a tie breaker a brand new picture is used)  whoever sloves 2 pictures (tie breaker) or solves the picture wins the game and goes on to the bonus round

bonus round

the board turns around to reveal a podium with 2 monitors the celebrity stands on the right side while the contestant stands on the left
the celebrity will see a fully revealed picture along with a name
the contestant will see a partially revealed picture
the celebrity will give clues to the idenity of that picture for the contestant to guess

each one is worth $250 with 7 winning $10,000
contestants stay on for 20 games
well there you have it comments are welcome
but please don't be too harsh

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ideas and revivals
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »
Aaaaaand now you're about to find out WHY you haven't seen very many ideas for revivals around here....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

ideas and revivals
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »
The concept for "Picture Perfect" is too similar to other shows that didn't last long.  (At least one show with the remove the puzzle piece and identify the picture motif ran in every decade from the '50s to the '90s)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
ideas and revivals
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 10:05:44 PM »
Do the contestants on these shows ever have to use a complete sentence?
i know this show is is still on but if i had to produce the show thsi is what i would do

monitors for contestant row
exactly how does this improve the game?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

ideas and revivals
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 10:22:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'117743\' date=\'May 4 2006, 10:05 PM\']
Do the contestants on these shows ever have to use a complete sentence?
[/quote]
Calm down, Mark.  Mr. Gamenut merely chose to employ one of our newer bandwidth-saving devices.  This week, he and others have refrained from using punctuation.  Next week, no one but the mods will be permitted to use vowels.  Eventually everyone will be required to use the decabet.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Steve Gavazzi

ideas and revivals
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 10:49:59 PM »
[quote name=\'gamenut\' post=\'117733\' date=\'May 4 2006, 08:53 PM\']

(Three either pointless or idiotic suggestions snipped.)

and the showcase round will feature a range finder with ranges from $5000 to $10,000 and the showcase could be anywhere 30,000 to almost $80,000 depending on how the expensive the prizes are
[/quote]

The showcases can already be any price...and yes, the price does tend to depend on how expensive the prizes are, doesn't it?

Also, I want to know how you're going to reconcile what appears to be a one-player format for the Showcase with having two contestants playing in the Showcase, since you don't appear to be altering any other aspect of the show's gameplay.

LA the DJ

ideas and revivals
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:38:33 AM »
Here we go again....
The first sentence of that nearly made my brain explode.
I can't read the rest since I already have a headache, but I can assume it's full of bad ideas.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ideas and revivals
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 12:43:40 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'117761\' date=\'May 4 2006, 09:38 PM\']
I can't read the rest since I already have a headache, but I can assume it's full of bad ideas.
[/quote]
Pretty much exactly right.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

ideas and revivals
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 12:50:25 AM »
Oh what the hell, I'll analyze this somewhat.

The Cash Cards thing on your $otC concept is somewhat interesting...giving the second place player a chance to play along as default seems slightly flawed. What if there's a $5 lead between first and second place? Second place player chooses the $15 card and takes the lead for doing nadadam. I'm having CS01 flashbacks.

As for the Winners Board, it already took away from the essence of the game in its 80s run. Why would using the original bonus formula so difficult?

I didn't bother too much with the TPiR idea, but making the contestants' row totes into monitors takes away (IMO), one of TPiR's more charming aspects, the old-school technology.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:50:56 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
ideas and revivals
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 02:48:37 AM »
My idea for "picture perfect" is a hell of a lot better than yours, yessiree bob.

sshuffield70

ideas and revivals
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'117752\' date=\'May 4 2006, 09:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'gamenut\' post=\'117733\' date=\'May 4 2006, 08:53 PM\']

(Three either pointless or idiotic suggestions snipped.)

[/quote]

The showcases can already be any price...and yes, the price does tend to depend on how expensive the prizes are, doesn't it?

Also, I want to know how you're going to reconcile what appears to be a one-player format for the Showcase with having two contestants playing in the Showcase, since you don't appear to be altering any other aspect of the show's gameplay.
[/quote]

Well, isn't this what TPIR '94 did?  

I must have missed how we'd get from 6 to 1, since he did say nothing else would change.

BrandonFG

ideas and revivals
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'117773\' date=\'May 5 2006, 09:00 AM\']
[/quote]
That's exactly what TPiR94 did, although the range finder might've varied more (I wanna say $1,000-$10,000 but I haven't seen the show in 11 years).
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

ideas and revivals
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 10:08:06 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'117776\' date=\'May 5 2006, 09:04 AM\']
[/quote]
That's exactly what TPiR94 did, although the range finder might've varied more (I wanna say $1,000-$10,000 but I haven't seen the show in 11 years).
[/quote]

It ran $5K-$10K, picked during the final commercial break by the contestant, but the picking was not seen on-air.

saussage

ideas and revivals
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 10:58:06 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'117776\' date=\'May 5 2006, 09:04 AM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
It would be interesting though if today's viewers would be more acceptive of changes like these to TPIR today... I personally would not. The Showcase distincts itself different from the rest of the show while in TPIR 94, the range finder kinda felt like playing a pricier version of the Range Game. It might seem corny but I sometimes like the stories that they try and conger up.

I'm wondering if a hidden agenda was used in TPIR94: Try a modified TPIR with drastic changes (some changes to the show's format with a load of bling), see what works or flops and carry positive changes over to the original TPIR set. One change to modernize TPIR might be to carry over the video wall from TPIR94. One problem: I have no idea where to put it? :)

Gamenut, I've had ideas on this board before and one thing I learned is "do your research first". This board has a difficult yet a very knowledgeable audience. You'll know right away if you missed the mark.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:49:06 PM by saussage »
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

dzinkin

ideas and revivals
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 11:11:57 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' post=\'117864\' date=\'May 5 2006, 10:58 PM\']It might seem corny but I sometimes like the stories that they try and conger up.
[/quote]
Darva Conger?