Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND Monday trimmed down  (Read 4673 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »
Interesting... on the west coast, we got the start of a new game in the full two-hour episode. All I can remember is that the contestant was a man and that I think he had gotten to the third bank offer when time was up.

To me, at about 90 minutes in to the two-hour episode, watching started to feel like a chore. I think they need to keep these at an hour maximum.

--
Scott Robinson
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:59:51 PM by MSTieScott »

rugrats1

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 03:06:40 PM »
So on Wednesday's show, will East Coast viewers join that particular game in progress, or will it be seen in its entirety (meaning West Coasters will see that part again)?

Mr. Bill

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 11:22:44 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'118618\' date=\'May 16 2006, 03:06 PM\']
So on Wednesday's show, will East Coast viewers join that particular game in progress, or will it be seen in its entirety (meaning West Coasters will see that part again)?
[/quote]
Since it's late enough now that another contestant has been called, the answer is that our Hawaiian friend wis JIPped.  :)

uncamark

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Bill\' post=\'118797\' date=\'May 17 2006, 10:22 PM\']
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'118618\' date=\'May 16 2006, 03:06 PM\']
[/quote]
Since it's late enough now that another contestant has been called, the answer is that our Hawaiian friend wis JIPped.  :)
[/quote]

Which is why Joe Capitano does that recap at the top of the show, among other things, including the need to pad it out (which despite Howie's "watch this," is I presume added in post).

What got cut last Monday was the tease, the check presentations (robbing Eastern/Central viewers the opportunity of hearing that woman say Howie's full name a million times again) and the last contestant.  You knew that Regis and Leno weren't getting cut.

J.R.

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'119127\' date=\'May 22 2006, 04:05 PM\']
What got cut last Monday was the tease, the check presentations (robbing Eastern/Central viewers the opportunity of hearing that woman say Howie's full name a million times again) and the last contestant.  You knew that Regis and Leno weren't getting cut.
[/quote]

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot. But I never see any contestants receive any checks at the end of their games. Is this something some stations don't air?

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

zachhoran

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'119140\' date=\'May 22 2006, 07:38 PM\']

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot. But I never see any contestants receive any checks at the end of their games. Is this something some stations don't air?

[/quote]

I've never seen it on WCAU in Phila. or WMGM in Atlantic City, the two local stations here that carry DOND. I suspect presenting checks was done to pad the proposed two hour DOND that last week got streamlined for Bush's pep talk, not that there's anything wrong with that.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 09:09:50 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' post=\'119140\' date=\'May 22 2006, 06:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'119127\' date=\'May 22 2006, 04:05 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
This isn't like WWTBAM (and even those "checks" are mocks, at least I *think* they are).  If I understand Mark correctly (and it's possible I don't), they were to pad last Monday's ep with tapes of contestants receiving their checks (I would assume at home, after they've done all the necessary checking for compliance and whatnot).  Those all got snipped for Dubya.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:11:19 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Steve McClellan

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 10:55:30 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 22 2006, 06:09 PM\']This isn't like WWTBAM (and even those "checks" are mocks, at least I *think* they are).[/quote]
Looking at the one that's framed and hanging above my television, yes, I'd say it's a mock. ;)

[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 22 2006, 06:09 PM\']  If I understand Mark correctly (and it's possible I don't), they were to pad last Monday's ep with tapes of contestants receiving their checks (I would assume at home, after they've done all the necessary checking for compliance and whatnot).  Those all got snipped for Dubya.[/quote]
I only saw one; it was a previous contestant being surprised at her home by Howie with a fake check. And it lasted about three times as long as it should have.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:57:14 PM by Steve McClellan »

uncamark

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' post=\'119165\' date=\'May 22 2006, 09:55 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 22 2006, 06:09 PM\']  If I understand Mark correctly (and it's possible I don't), they were to pad last Monday's ep with tapes of contestants receiving their checks (I would assume at home, after they've done all the necessary checking for compliance and whatnot).  Those all got snipped for Dubya.[/quote]
I only saw one; it was a previous contestant being surprised at her home by Howie with a fake check. And it lasted about three times as long as it should have.
[/quote]

Isn't that par for the course with "DOND?"

Yeah, that was the plan.  I guess they were also going to show Howie visiting Lucky Case winners (some of them have already been seen in the segments hawking that game saying "I won $10,000!")

Last Monday, the winner shots were replaced with the models inviting us to text their number.  And I thought this was a family show.  :)

bellbm

DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »
I generally "trim" and episode of DOND down to about 10 minutes, thanks to tivo.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
DoND Monday trimmed down
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »
[quote name=\'bellbm\' post=\'119235\' date=\'May 23 2006, 02:52 PM\']
I generally "trim" and episode of DOND down to about 10 minutes, thanks to tivo.
[/quote]
Brilliant.

"Open the case." <da-dink!> "Open the case." <da-dink!> "Open the case."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe