Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone know *WHY* "Playmania did not air Friday Night?  (Read 2266 times)

TheGameShowGuy

Anyone know *WHY* "Playmania did not air Friday Night?
« on: May 13, 2006, 01:21:16 AM »
It was promoted on GSN then suddenly replaced by an "encore" Millionaire...(W/ no paid commercials-just promos)
I guess thats live TV

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 01:23:26 AM »
Yeah I was going to post something myself on the matter, but refrained from starting it.  Perhaps a technical snafu or dare I even presume that Playmania might have entered the land of parting gifts?

GSN's site still lists Playmania as being on now for what it's worth.

The promos are all generic. "Watch *insert show here* on GSN", sorta of reminds me of watching Viewer's Choice/In Demand PPV in the morning when they air all their generic feed promos in that 8am or 9am block.

Aside: Hooray 500 posts.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:30:03 AM by FOXSportsFan »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 01:57:23 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'118370\' date=\'May 13 2006, 01:23 AM\']
Yeah I was going to post something myself on the matter, but refrained from starting it.  Perhaps a technical snafu or dare I even presume that Playmania might have entered the land of parting gifts?[/quote]
Seems odd that it would air late Thursday and then be cancelled the very next day.  As a cheapie live show, I think a technical glitch may be a very realistic possibility.
Sure enough, GSN just ran a crawl saying that PlayMania would return tomorrow night.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

jdhernandez

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 04:28:45 AM »
Hey guys, I'm lucky to be living here in Riverside, instead of the badlands of Los Angeles County. ;-D

Yea, I'm thinking it was a technical glitch caused by blackouts. A couple pockets of LA County appeared to have no electricity tonight, and even more so approaching San Bernardino County. Strange night, I'll tell you that. =/ I'm just glad to be back in a land with electricity. =)
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

vtown7

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 07:42:12 AM »
The sad thing is that I got home from a drama festival last night around 12.30, watched a bit of Conan and thought "oh, I'll flip over to PM" and it wasn't there :(

Doesn't really matter because Canadians aren't allowed to play IIRC.

*shrugs shoulders*

Ryan :)

Hastin

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:34:24 AM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'118379\' date=\'May 13 2006, 01:28 AM\']
A couple pockets of LA County appeared to have no electricity tonight, and even more so approaching San Bernardino County.[/quote]

I even lost power for a bit up in the High Desert (Apple Valley, CA). Maybe a smart idea to cancel PM. Afterall, we wouldn't have wanted Mel left in the dark.
-Hastin :)

Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 01:05:56 AM »
Anyone worried the Playmania would be gone needn't tonight: Mel and the gang are back in action.

goongas

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 01:43:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Scott\' post=\'118417\' date=\'May 14 2006, 01:05 AM\']
Anyone worried the Playmania would be gone needn't tonight: Mel and the gang are back in action.
[/quote]

I was on the air during the first crossword puzzle, but this time I did not win.

Timsterino

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 02:36:49 AM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'118418\' date=\'May 14 2006, 01:43 AM\']
[quote name=\'Scott\' post=\'118417\' date=\'May 14 2006, 01:05 AM\']
[/quote]

I was on the air during the first crossword puzzle, but this time I did not win.
[/quote]

Congrats on the call, Eric.

My wife Erika was on tonight and guessed (correctly) that Mel's favorite actor is Brad Pitt. She won $75 from Playmania and they later read her thank you e-mail on the air.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 02:37:15 AM by Timsterino »

vtown7

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 09:12:20 AM »
Does anyone know if you can call in and play even if you're not eligible for prizes?

R.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' post=\'118421\' date=\'May 14 2006, 08:12 AM\']
Does anyone know if you can call in and play even if you're not eligible for prizes?
[/quote]
Why would you?

Brandon Brooks

vtown7

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 11:46:10 AM »
Touché.  It's more of the "have fun" variety for me in that respect.  If I'm up that late.

R.

goongas

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »
My wife Erika was on tonight and guessed (correctly) that Mel's favorite actor is Brad Pitt. She won $75 from Playmania and they later read her thank you e-mail on the air.

I figured Erika from Florida was your wife.  Congratulations.