Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Que Dice La Gente?  (Read 9119 times)

dad1153

Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 05:44:01 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'118644\' date=\'May 16 2006, 04:14 PM\']
As to the question why it is OUR gain. It is OUR gain because I do not see this show airing on ANY of the Mexican markets. For a long time, 100MD only aired in Mexico, and then that show became so popular that Telefutura decided to air it, and thank goodness they did. =) 'Twas the happiest day of my life when I finally saw my favourite Mexican show to finally air in the States.[/quote]

What I meant to say by 'OUR GAIN' was meant mostly about the chance to see Marco Antonio Regil continue to host a gameshow here in the States.  This dude's pretty good at what he does and, had Telefutura not decided to proceed with its own version of 'Feud' after Mexico's Televisa cancelled '100 Mexicanos Dijeron,' we would have been deprived of a chance to see the man's gameshow-hosting skills in action.  Mexico's loss for not having Marco hosting a gameshow over there is our gain here in the States for those of us lucky enough to be (a) bilingual and (b) gameshow freaks.  So there!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:44:37 PM by dad1153 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'118663\' date=\'May 16 2006, 02:44 PM\']
This dude's pretty good at what he does and, had Telefutura not decided to proceed with its own version of 'Feud' after Mexico's Televisa cancelled '100 Mexicanos Dijeron,' we would have been deprived of a chance to see the man's gameshow-hosting skills in action.
[/quote]
...but you could have seen that before when he was hosting 100MD.
Mexico's loss for not having Marco hosting a gameshow over there is our gain here in the States for those of us lucky enough to be (a) bilingual and (b) gameshow freaks.
It's hard to gain something that you ALREADY HAD.
So there!
Um, yeah, you sure told me.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jdhernandez

Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
I'll refrain from any more "Gain" comments...

....but in no way is Mexico necessarily losing anything! Marco Antonio still hosts other shows and specials in Mexico, and he will continue to do so through the years.

Plus, I consider the 15:00 hour to be a haven for great Mexican game shows. Atinale about a decade ago (has it been that long, already??), 100MD, and now Vas O No Vas. They still have game show GOLD overthere, so at least I can have something to look forward to when I visit Mexico again soon. =)
(Aside from looking forward to seeing my family, friends, Quiroga, the shops, and the food. Mmm, the food.)

I definitely agree with Chris...again. (I've agreed with you thrice in ONE DAY?!?)
Marco has always been an excellent host. I still wear my Price is Right hat with pride out there, and I'll be darned if I don't get a few comments about either Atinale or Marco Antonio every time. While I'm here, I have a funny anecdote I never shared before, but now that I recall this one, I might as well share:

Two winters ago when I went to Mexico to visit my family, the 100MD craze was high in Mexico, and my cousins were talking about getting the new board game in the new year. EVERY day, we would sit and watch the holiday shows (which I now have on DVD, and look back on with fond memories). One day, we all decided to drive out to Quiroga and hit up my cousin's pizza place that she owns. This was the first time... in twelve years that I was to have pizza in Mexico because the previous time I had pizza there, I got extremely sick with food poisoning, and vowed to never eat pizza there ever again. While that pizza place is still there, my cousin decided to open up her own shop, and she begged me for a couple years to try her pizza. Well, we went out there at 14:30, and we decided to eat at the pizza place during "100 Mexicanos Dijeron." I forgot that the show was going to be on, and that was their way of getting me to eat pizza, and that was watching our favorite show at the restaurant. My cousin, Yadi, turned on the TV, made me some pizza, and we just chilled there watching the show. Finally, just as the second half was about to begin, she brought out the pizza, and everybody looked at me like I was going to give the speech of a lifetime. I finally buckled down, ate the pizza....

...and it was GOOD! I don't know how she does it, or what it is, but it's a very unique flavor that works! Now when I go there, I ask her to make me a couple pizzas over the week. =)

The real kicker came while we were walking out of the pizza place. One lady saw my PiR hat and immediately exclaimed, "Atinale al Precio!" I jumped up in shock, asked if she remembered the show, and then she told me about how she went to the show when it first started, and she got picked to be a contestant! She said she didn't get to make it up on stage, but she won some cutlery and some food for being in the bidder's row. (Apparently, it was a few bucks worth of cutlery, but it's better than nothing) She pointed out that Marco greeted almost everybody, and that he was one of the best hosts ever. It sounded like she had a blast!

That is my story. Hmmm, it's gonna be weird going to Mexico and NOT seeing 100MD on the lineup anymore, but there is PLENTY of Vas O No Vas!
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

megamanj1986

Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 08:57:44 PM »
The first time I saw the Spanish Feud mademe think that hmmm...they're set is almost a bit of a throwback to our old versions of Dawson and Combs.

Heck, the host Marco Antonio Regil even carries a mic like Ray Combs and even the play/pass option is dropped, just like the Combs version.

The difference between our version and their version was that they had two sexy latina women in Roxy and Peona and that you also had a chance to win extra money in Fast Money (something our American versions need to take notes from) and a new car for any family that won 5 games in a row!

Too bad they had to cancel it, b/c I really liked it a lot better than our crapfest that we have now.

And now they have to follow our crappy American version??? (The plus is the "GO! and common H-Q GS fonts)

Brandon Brooks

Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 10:36:55 PM »
[quote name=\'megamanj1986\' post=\'118687\' date=\'May 16 2006, 07:57 PM\']
The first time I saw the Spanish Feud mademe think that hmmm...they're set is almost a bit of a throwback to our old versions of Dawson and Combs.
[/quote]
Mexican, not Spanish.

Brandon Brooks

Jeremy Nelson

Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 01:45:45 AM »
100MD was a great show-I watched it, and I don't know very much Spanish. The only 2 Mexican shows I watch are 100MD and Mega Match.

I like the new set, with the exception of the scoreboards on the podiums. That was something they definitely should not have taken from our version- unless they had them on the big board too, like Bert's Family Feud.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Hastin

Que Dice La Gente?
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 04:18:47 AM »
Can someone please tell me the set obsession with the little round lights around the floor, near the family podiums?

Still don't care for this set. At least it's not as piecemeal as the Karn set.
-Hastin :)