Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Last GSN Host Standing  (Read 1810 times)

Matt Ottinger

Last GSN Host Standing
« on: May 31, 2006, 12:04:32 AM »
The Hollywood segment that launched season four of the series featured two relatively well-known faces:  Marc Price ("Skippy" on Family Ties), who's been a touring comedian for years, plus I've Got A Secret host Bill Dwyer.  As is common with the show, we only get to hear about fifteen seconds of his routine.  The talent scouts ask him about how long he's been performing standup (15 years, minus a year when he was "in sales") but no mention is made of his extensive TV experience.  Dwyer made the first cut, Price did not.

Also, ousted host Jay Mohr receives a "consultant" credit.  Anybody know why he's not doing the show this time around?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Last GSN Host Standing
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 12:25:53 AM »
Yet another game show host: Jimmy Pardo ("National Lampoon's Funny Money") failed to make the cut in Chicago.

I saw Bil live in Indy a few months back. His jokes tonight were quite familiar.
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Last GSN Host Standing
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 12:30:46 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'119879\' date=\'May 30 2006, 09:25 PM\']
Yet another game show host: Jimmy Pardo ("National Lampoon's Funny Money") failed to make the cut in Chicago.

I saw Bil live in Indy a few months back. His jokes tonight were quite familiar.
[/quote]
And on a tangentially related note, Theo Vonkurnatowski (who was on Road Rules, and by virtue of said appearance, Battle Of The Network Reality Stars) is through to the next round out of L.A., working under the stage name "Theo Von".
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Last GSN Host Standing
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 07:54:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'119877\' date=\'May 31 2006, 12:04 AM\']
The Hollywood segment that launched season four of the series featured two relatively well-known faces:  Marc Price ("Skippy" on Family Ties), who's been a touring comedian for years,

[/quote]

He's also been a game show host(Disney Channel's Teen Win Lose or Draw)

Terry K

Last GSN Host Standing
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:56:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'119877\' date=\'May 30 2006, 11:04 PM\']
The Hollywood segment that launched season four of the series featured two relatively well-known faces:  Marc Price ("Skippy" on Family Ties), who's been a touring comedian for years, plus I've Got A Secret host Bill Dwyer.  As is common with the show, we only get to hear about fifteen seconds of his routine.  The talent scouts ask him about how long he's been performing standup (15 years, minus a year when he was "in sales") but no mention is made of his extensive TV experience.  Dwyer made the first cut, Price did not.

Also, ousted host Jay Mohr receives a "consultant" credit.  Anybody know why he's not doing the show this time around?
[/quote]

Marc also did Teen Win, Lose, Or Draw.  I recall seeing his routine a few years ago, and he proudly talks about his TWLOD days.  

So its a 2 GS host for the price of one =)

Jimmy Owen

Last GSN Host Standing
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:03:09 AM »
I wonder if Jay Mohr even gives "lip service" to the game show he once hosted?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

Last GSN Host Standing
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:02:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'119877\' date=\'May 30 2006, 11:04 PM\']Also, ousted host Jay Mohr receives a "consultant" credit.  Anybody know why he's not doing the show this time around?
[/quote]

It seems to me that he was angry with NBC's treatment of the finale of Season 3, which aired on Comedy Central and not the main network.  I assume the credit is court-related.

The premiere repeats Friday night at 9 on the big net and at many times throughout this week on Bravo, which has replaced COM as the repurposer and provider of the half-hour special for the winner--no surprise that an NBC Universal Television Studios (NUTS) production would want to stay in the Networks of NBC.