Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Season 2 Celebs  (Read 9269 times)

JTFriends1

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« on: September 03, 2003, 01:54:32 AM »
My TiVo indicates celebrity guests for the Season premiere of Pyramid on 9/15 are Giuliana Depandi (\"E!\" News Live\") and John Salley (\"The Best Damn Sports Show Period\").  Anyone know of anybody else slated to appear early on?  Maybe we'll continue seeing some fresh faces and some new good game players?  Here's to optimism!

-Jay

whewfan

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 05:31:50 AM »
I wonder how many close ups they'll get of Guiliana they'll get on Pyramid? Geez. she's hot, but it's like the director of E! News Live has some sick crush on her or something.

Robair

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 06:49:33 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 04:31 AM\'] I wonder how many close ups they'll get of Guiliana they'll get on Pyramid? Geez. she's hot, but it's like the director of E! News Live has some sick crush on her or something. [/quote]
 No, that's just the directorial style of the show. They always come in close on the anchors. That's what sets it apart from all the other shows like it (just be thankful there's no tight closeups of Pat O'Brien).
--Robair

ChuckNet

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 11:48:11 AM »
Anyone know of anybody else slated to appear early on?

I expect PB will soon make his regular post on upcoming Pyramid celebs to ATGS (about the only thing on there worth reading now)...a Google search on \"Pyramid celebs\" should pull it up.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

zachhoran

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 11:51:47 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 10:48 AM\']
Anyone know of anybody else slated to appear early on?

I expect PB will soon make his regular post on upcoming Pyramid celebs to ATGS (about the only thing on there worth reading now)...a Google search on "Pyramid celebs" should pull it up.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 I'd certainly vote for another Dick Clark Challenge like they did last year, and even bringing Betty White back if she were interested.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 04:12:53 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 08:51 AM\'] I'd certainly vote for another Dick Clark Challenge like they did last year, and even bringing Betty White back if she were interested. [/quote]
 I've got THE FEVER.

And that FEVER...can only be CURED...with the man who TOOK DOWN Dick Clark himself...the UNDISPUTED KING of Pyramid...Coolio.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

HSquares2003

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 05:38:39 PM »
Any word if Marie Osmond is going to be a celebrity on Pyramid? It would be cool if Clark could host for a day, and have Donny/Marie as the panelists.

Kevin Prather

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 06:44:26 PM »
agreed, HS.

I'd also like to see Adrienne Barbeau on the show again. She's still a star. We can see her occasionally on the Drew Carey Show as Oswald's mother.

Winkfan

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 10:09:22 PM »
I'm STILL hoping to see other game show hosts guesting on Pyramid 2004 this season!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Mimi Benzell of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

uncamark

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2003, 12:43:57 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 05:44 PM\']I'd also like to see Adrienne Barbeau on the show again. She's still a star. We can see her occasionally on the Drew Carey Show as Oswald's mother.[/quote]
Barbeau's going to be a regular on the new, supposedly tres weird HBO drama series \"Carnivale,\" so if she wants to do \"Pyramid\" again, I'm sure that they would be glad to have her.  They would probably be glad to have her even if she was just doing Catwoman's voice on \"Batman\" or \"Justice League.\"

clemon79

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2003, 01:27:44 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 4 2003, 09:43 AM\'] Barbeau's going to be a regular on the new, supposedly tres weird HBO drama series "Carnivale," so if she wants to do "Pyramid" again, I'm sure that they would be glad to have her.
 [/quote]
 Unless, of course, Carnivale is on opposite Queer As Folk, in which case they won't touch her with a ten foot pole for fear of offending Hal Sparks. :P

SteveRep

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2003, 11:06:55 PM »
Checking the next three days:

Tue -- Star Jones vs. Scott Valentine
Wed -- Miss America 2003 Erika Harold and Miss America 1981 Susan Powell with Miss Rhode Island 2003 Laurie Beth Gray and Miss Pennsylvania 2003 Candace Mari Otto
Thu -- Miss America 2000 Heather French Henry and Miss America 2001 Angela Baraquio with Miss Vermont 2003 Drell Hunter and Miss Mississippi 2003 Allison Kellogg
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 02:46:50 PM by SteveRep »

HSquares2003

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2003, 11:15:50 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Sep 3 2003, 06:44 PM\'] agreed, HS.

I'd also like to see Adrienne Barbeau on the show again. She's still a star. We can see her occasionally on the Drew Carey Show as Oswald's mother. [/quote]
She was on at least one ep. of Bergeron Squares last Friday(vertivision rerun block that is), the theme week was Classic TV Stars.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 11:16:37 PM by HSquares2003 »

ChuckNet

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2003, 12:29:27 PM »
And that FEVER...can only be CURED...with the man who TOOK DOWN Dick Clark himself...the UNDISPUTED KING of Pyramid...Coolio.

LOL...although that can be attributed to the fact that it was actually the first of those 3 DCC eps taped...he started hitting his stride by the last one taped (w/Betty White, which was actually the 1st one aired).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

clemon79

Pyramid Season 2 Celebs
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2003, 02:37:23 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 5 2003, 09:29 AM\'] LOL...although that can be attributed to the fact that it was actually the first of those 3 DCC eps taped...he started hitting his stride by the last one taped (w/Betty White, which was actually the 1st one aired).
 [/quote]
 Excuses excuses. I remember that the majority of THIS VERY BOARD (well, it was the other board, but you get the idea) was CERTAIN that Coolio was gonna lie down and totally job to Dick Clark. And SOMEONE of great wisdom said \"You know, Coolio might surprise you.\", and was summarily dismissed. And he WON. :)