Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel Of Fortune  (Read 2188 times)

Don Howard

Wheel Of Fortune
« on: June 17, 2006, 10:36:59 AM »
Is anyone in this forum from the Greater Cleveland area attending the tryouts being held today in the rock 'n roll capitol in conjunction with the station that boasts The Power Of 5 for the former game of shopping, ceramic pets and no screaming?

MikeK

• Martha!
Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'121656\' date=\'Jun 17 2006, 10:36 AM\']
Is anyone in this forum from the Greater Cleveland area attending the tryouts being held today in the rock 'n roll capitol in conjunction with the station that boasts The Power Of 5 for the former game of shopping, ceramic pets and no screaming?
[/quote]
I drove past the location of the tryout (Cuyahoga Community College's East Campus, at Harvard and I-271) on the way home from teaching yesterday.  At 1 PM, the line was ridiculously long for tryouts starting a 3 PM.  At that point, I decided I'd head home and enjoy the power of 5...floor fans.  Thus, if you're reading this and plan on attending today's festivities, you'll likely end up at the back of a long line on a 90-degree day.

At least I saw the Wheelmobile perched atop a hill overlooking Harvard on the way home yesterday.

TimK2003

Wheel Of Fortune
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:26:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'121656\' date=\'Jun 17 2006, 09:36 AM\']
[/quote]

Considering it is nothing more than a chaotic cattle call, I'd have better odds plunking down $20 on Cash Explosion (soon to be Make Me Famous, Make Me Rich) lottery tickets, landing a single ENTRY ticket, mailing it in and getting selected to play.

I went to the Columbus try outs way back in the 20th Century, the audition process was a total joke.

Anyone know if the actual show will come to town to tape some episodes this season?   That is something Cleveland is way overdue on.