Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Photo from GSN's WWTBGOC  (Read 4374 times)

SplitSecond

Photo from GSN's WWTBGOC
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2003, 12:26:53 AM »
BTW: To be perfectly honest, I don't get the joke... OH! Is it that Game Show Network IS now a joke, and the picture proves it?

Now I'll shut up. (I appologise for the rant, But I just don't want to see GSN go to Hell in a handbasket, and I, honest to god, think the recent programming moves will take it there.)

You don't actually expect us to take seriously any whiny protestations about a network whose past programs of note include \"Throut and Neck\", \"When Did THAT Happen?\", and \"Burt Luddin's Love Buffet\" going downhill with a single publicity stunt special, do you?

Rest assured that the #2 guy at this network is not only a game show geek, but the king of all of us game show geeks.  If you've never seen the story they did on him on \"Real People\" way back in the day, trust me - it would put every last one of us to shame.  And trust me further when I say that if he could find a way to turn a profit with a network that aired your precious Barry & Enright shows in primetime with all the fee plugs and end credits intact, and a showcase of unsold pilots each week, he'd do it in a heartbeat.  

Unfortunately, he has to deal with reality (in this case, $$), something I'm going to not-so-subtly suggest you acquaint yourself with.

Forgive me for my tone, but I really take exception to yours.

DrBear

Photo from GSN's WWTBGOC
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2003, 03:10:54 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 6 2003, 11:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Sep 6 2003, 12:55 PM\'] I agree with all the retching and disgust. That's the ugliest set I've ever seen (and no, I'm not talking about the candidate) [/quote]
It's a shame you were too busy puking and retching and being disgusted to READ THE CAPTIONS and notice that these shots were from a PRESS CONFERENCE, and not the actual set of the show.

Gawd. [/quote]
 Oh, for pete's sake...

Chris, I agree with a lot of your conclusions and I don't want to get into a flame war. But can't I even make a cheap, sexist joke and not have somebody take me seriously?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Photo from GSN's WWTBGOC
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2003, 04:38:27 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Sep 7 2003, 12:10 AM\'] Oh, for pete's sake...

Chris, I agree with a lot of your conclusions and I don't want to get into a flame war. But can't I even make a cheap, sexist joke and not have somebody take me seriously? [/quote]
 I apologize, I missed the joke. I've seen so many other idiotic complaints over this show that I assumed this was another one. My bad.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe