Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal season premiere rumor control  (Read 6700 times)

weaklink75

Deal season premiere rumor control
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 03:55:02 PM by weaklink75 »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »
And this NBC press release seems to imply the Deal will also air every Friday through October 13, unless I'm misreading it.
@lambertman

SteveR

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 12:08:59 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'124753\' date=\'Jul 21 2006, 07:31 PM\']
And this NBC press release seems to imply the Deal will also air every Friday through October 13, unless I'm misreading it.
[/quote]
Yeah, it certainly does read that way.

At yesterday's press function, NBC also announced renewals for another season of the competition shows "America's Got Talent" (to debut in midseason" and "Last Comic Standing" (next summer).

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »
If you're wondering why the previous model #20 left... Donna Feldman has landed herself a role on MyNetworkTV's five-a-week-plus-a-recap soap "Fashion House".

She actually found a gig that gets her on TV more often than DoND!
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 03:46:01 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'124792\' date=\'Jul 22 2006, 12:39 PM\']
If you're wondering why the previous model #20 left... Donna Feldman has landed herself a role on MyNetworkTV's five-a-week-plus-a-recap soap "Fashion House".

[/quote]
But I understand what she _really_ wants to do is direct.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 11:55:33 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'124792\' date=\'Jul 22 2006, 02:39 PM\']

[/quote]

I dunno....that's a 13 week and out gig.

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'124772\' date=\'Jul 21 2006, 11:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'124753\' date=\'Jul 21 2006, 07:31 PM\']
[/quote]
Yeah, it certainly does read that way.

At yesterday's press function, NBC also announced renewals for another season of the competition shows "America's Got Talent" (to debut in midseason" and "Last Comic Standing" (next summer).
[/quote]

Not surprising in the case of the former, since "Talent" was on the network's mid-season schedule already.  The fact that it's done so well was the verification.

And Kevin Reilly made the statement that they're not-not-not going to use "DOND" as a time slot holeplugger for failed shows--probably with his fingers crossed behind his back.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' post=\'124604\' date=\'Jul 20 2006, 07:15 PM\']
Standing out in line for three hours wasn't much more fun.  They did give us a small bag of snacks to eat while waiting, and while the second taping was supposed to start at 3 PM and last until about 6:30 PM, we didn't get into the building until around 5:30 PM and the taping lasted until about 8 PM.

The show itself however was quite exciting: for the third game, the top prize was booted up to $3,000,000.  I won't tell you any more than that though...you'll have to watch it yourself.
[/quote]
What a show for you to be at!  Nice planning.  ;)

I was looking for a glimpse of Mike during the show and didn't spot him (guess I blinked too much :-) ), I'll have to rerummage through the tape to see if I spot you.

/Mike, Joe, myself and a few others will be a lot easier to spot on October 5
//TV sets all over America will break as soon as my visage is caught on camera

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cweaver

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 01:00:56 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'124564\' date=\'Jul 20 2006, 02:19 AM\']
Besides the 3 hour taping running over by 5 hours, the staff and crew were incredibly rude towards audience members when it came to simple requests like water in a studio with no A/C and access to the restrooms.
[/quote]

I guess that explains why the contestants and their supporters seemed so sweaty, I thought it was just nerves.  Even one or two of the models seemed like, as Dennis the Menace once put it, they were "glowing like a horse."

weaklink75

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 01:17:07 PM »
well the premiere did extremely well....the 2nd hour went up from an 8.9/14 to a 10.3/15 (per The Futon Critic) It seems like NBC always does well with non-scripted shows Mondays at 8 (Fear Factor was in that slot for a couple of years remember...)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:17:35 PM by weaklink75 »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'132114\' date=\'Sep 19 2006, 11:54 AM\']I was looking for a glimpse of Mike during the show and didn't spot him (guess I blinked too much :-) ), I'll have to rerummage through the tape to see if I spot you.[/quote]
Doug, my friend, you must be as blind as a bat.  The Hubble Telescope spotted me on Deal last night, as did 1/4 of my students. :-P

I was disappointed at how much stuff from the marathon taping ended up on the cutting room floor, including the first player's niece on the phone pleading for her to take the deal (how could she no deal after that?) and a lot of the banter between the second contestant and Howie.  Even though I was displeased that an 8+ hour taping was cut down to 69 minutes of TV time including commercials, you can't blame the powers that be for showing the entire third game on premiere night.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 09:01:37 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'132138\' date=\'Sep 19 2006, 06:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'132114\' date=\'Sep 19 2006, 11:54 AM\']I was looking for a glimpse of Mike during the show and didn't spot him (guess I blinked too much :-) ), I'll have to rerummage through the tape to see if I spot you.[/quote]
Doug, my friend, you must be as blind as a bat.  The Hubble Telescope spotted me on Deal last night, as did 1/4 of my students. :-P
[/quote]
I'll rerack the tape and look again.  And look for Joe, for that matter.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)