Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: fox's fun house  (Read 5283 times)

booboo

fox's fun house
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:11:56 PM »
does anybody know approximately how many tags there were in the fun house during the 1 year-run on the fox version?

and this includes the cash tags also

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
fox's fun house
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:25:10 PM »
i do not know but my guess would be thirteen

and this does not include the cash tags of which there were forty-seven also
Travis L. Eberle

Speedy G

fox's fun house
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:59:09 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'125446\' date=\'Jul 27 2006, 11:25 PM\']
i do not know but my guess would be thirteen

and this does not include the cash tags of which there were forty-seven also
[/quote]
lol ok thx bbl

(There are loads of message boards that disallow posts in ALL CAPS.  How come you never find any that disallow posts in all lowercase?)
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

Robert Hutchinson

fox's fun house
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' post=\'125540\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 05:59 PM\'](There are loads of message boards that disallow posts in ALL CAPS.  How come you never find any that disallow posts in all lowercase?)[/quote]

I've seen a couple--including, IIRC, Television Without Pity. But I actually get irked by some of what qualifies as an offense over there.

("You've been TOLD not to sign your name to your posts! Once more and you're banned.")
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
fox's fun house
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125553\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 05:07 PM\']
("You've been TOLD not to sign your name to your posts! Once more and you're banned.")
[/quote]
Okay, but that said, how hard is it, once you're told, to do as you're asked? Is it REALLY that hard to build a signature, which (yeah, I'm looking at you, Henke) you should really be doing anyhow?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

booboo

fox's fun house
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 08:26:37 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that I screwed up like I did in that topic about the Nick all-star challenge?

(by the way, the question was rhetorical,

dzinkin

fox's fun house
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 09:16:32 PM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'125559\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 08:26 PM\']
Why do I get the feeling that I screwed up like I did in that topic about the Nick all-star challenge?
[/quote]
Because you're still typing in all lower case most of the time after promising not to do so.  Because more than 50% of the messages you've tried to post have used the abbreviations that you also promised not to use.  Because you've been told about this multiple times, both publicly and privately, and you still refuse to listen.

In short, you're getting the feeling that you screwed up because... well, because you screwed up.

(by the way, the question was rhetorical,
Er, no.  When you're asking for a specific piece of information, as you did, it's not "rhetorical."

Steve Gavazzi

fox's fun house
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 09:38:12 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'125562\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 09:16 PM\']
(by the way, the question was rhetorical,[/quote]
Er, no.  When you're asking for a specific piece of information, as you did, it's not "rhetorical."
[/quote]

I think he meant that about "why do I get the feeling I screwed up?".

But then again, I could be wrong.  Either way, your response was justified.

dzinkin

fox's fun house
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'125565\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 09:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'125562\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 09:16 PM\']
(by the way, the question was rhetorical,[/quote]
[/quote]

I think he meant that about "why do I get the feeling I screwed up?".

But then again, I could be wrong.  Either way, your response was justified.
[/quote]
Mea culpa... thank you for pointing that out.  Of course, it's also not rhetorical when you know the answer to the question, as he does. :-)

Robert Hutchinson

fox's fun house
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 10:04:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125555\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 08:11 PM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125553\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 05:07 PM\']
[/quote]
Okay, but that said, how hard is it, once you're told, to do as you're asked? Is it REALLY that hard to build a signature, which (yeah, I'm looking at you, Henke) you should really be doing anyhow?[/quote]
You misunderstand me, Chris--unless I am severely misremembering, putting your name in your built signature also counts as bannination justification over there. Because you already have a name in the form of your screen name, apparently, whether or not the screen name actually represents your real name.

trainman

fox's fun house
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125574\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 07:04 PM\']
You misunderstand me, Chris--unless I am severely misremembering, putting your name in your built signature also counts as bannination justification over there. Because you already have a name in the form of your screen name, apparently, whether or not the screen name actually represents your real name.
[/quote]

If I recall correctly (haven't been there in over a year), TWoP doesn't allow signatures at all, period -- they've got their board software's signature file option disabled.
trainman is a man of trains

Robert Hutchinson

fox's fun house
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'125583\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 11:49 PM\']If I recall correctly (haven't been there in over a year), TWoP doesn't allow signatures at all, period -- they've got their board software's signature file option disabled.[/quote]
Yeah, that's it.

So if I want to talk about Lost, but every decent permutation of "Robert Hutchinson" is taken, and I register as ILoveLostALot, I'm not supposed to put so much as "Robert" at the bottom of my posts.

clemon79

fox's fun house
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 04:27:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125628\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 01:24 PM\']
So if I want to talk about Lost, but every decent permutation of "Robert Hutchinson" is taken, and I register as ILoveLostALot, I'm not supposed to put so much as "Robert" at the bottom of my posts.
[/quote]
Okay, yeah, that's idiotic. Still, though, that's their rules, and you're free not to post there if you can't deal with it, right? My point is, we seem to have a flood of idiots who, when told to do something (and I mean officially, by a moderator), they say "sure i'm very sorry i'll do that"...and then DON'T.

BrandonFG

fox's fun house
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125630\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 04:27 PM\']
My point is, we seem to have a flood of idiots who, when told to do something (and I mean officially, by a moderator), they say "sure i'm very sorry i'll do that"...and then DON'T.
[/quote]
Or better yet, tell a mod to sue them, which is basically a less vulgar way of saying "piss off".
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

fox's fun house
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 04:34:17 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'125631\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 01:33 PM\']
Or better yet, tell a mod to sue them, which is basically a less vulgar way of saying "piss off".
[/quote]
Yeah, that...um....well...wasn't smart. :)