Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: all new strike it rich question  (Read 5681 times)

gamenut

all new strike it rich question
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »
i have a little question about the kline and firends version of  strike it rich

when a player hits the bandit do they

a: lose the prizes and go back to the start

b: just lose the prizes
 or c: none of the above

because i'm confused

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:46:01 PM »
[quote name=\'gamenut\' post=\'125551\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 06:37 PM\']
i have a little question about the kline and firends version of  strike it rich

when a player hits the bandit do they

a: lose the prizes and go back to the start

b: just lose the prizes
 or c: none of the above

because i'm confused
[/quote]
Net ettique is dead.  I'm a youngin' and I REALLY don't understand why people don't use proper grammar.

Brandon Brooks

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »
Hyper-correction dude here: his grammar is actually impeccable. Now, if we're talking about missing capitalization and punctuation, typos, no context, no buildup at all to the question . . .

Countdown to Chris L. making a remark about "hitting the bandit": 30 minutes.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »
Now I'll answer the question...

When the bandit is hit, all the prizes won up to that point are lost, but the players stay in the same spot, and the other team gets control.

dazztardly

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 10:57:46 PM »
In answer to the question...

When a bandit is hit, they only lose prizes if they are being risked as they move across the arch. Otherwise, they simply return to the starting point where they left off from the previous turn[or at the beginning of the game].

Off-note to the topic:
I honestly could care less about "etiquette", more than I do relevance in the content pertaining to the messageboard itself. It's very agitating[and embarrassing especially when we have people like Jennings visiting this board] when I click this thread and the first response to the message is a putdown or a flame. Even if the start of a topic itself is absurd, JUST LEAVE IT ALONE and save your breath for a response worth merit to the subject.

-Dan Berger
FLASHGames²
http://www.flashgameshows.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 11:01:47 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'125577\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 09:57 PM\']
 It's very agitating[and embarrassing especially when we have people like Jennings visiting this board] when I click this thread and the first response to the message is a putdown or a flame.
[/quote]
It's equally embarrassing, IMNSHO, when the first post looks like complete garbage, because someone is too busy using AIM speak.

now, lol, lets all hav a nic day, k?
lol
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:04:38 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 11:14:29 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'125577\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 10:57 PM\']Off-note to the topic:
I honestly could care less about "etiquette", more than I do relevance in the content pertaining to the messageboard itself. It's very agitating[and embarrassing especially when we have people like Jennings visiting this board] when I click this thread and the first response to the message is a putdown or a flame.[/quote]
And especially when "people like Jennings" are visiting. Because Ken definitely isn't familiar with the Internet, and definitely doesn't read and contribute to several message boards, and definitely doesn't run his OWN message board. When Ken sees someone get criticized for poor post composition, he has to take out his monocle and "tut tut" until his constitution is restored.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

gamenut

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »
thanks for your help i really apreciate the help

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 12:02:20 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'125577\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 09:57 PM\']
Off-note to the topic:
I honestly could care less about "etiquette", more than I do relevance in the content pertaining to the messageboard itself. It's very agitating[and embarrassing especially when we have people like Jennings visiting this board] when I click this thread and the first response to the message is a putdown or a flame. Even if the start of a topic itself is absurd, JUST LEAVE IT ALONE and save your breath for a response worth merit to the subject.
[/quote]
Sorry, but I strongly disagree.  Etiquette matters to me.  Personally, I don't see how you thought it was a putdown.  "You're an f'in idiot, learn how to use punctuation" is a putdown.  What I said was a lamenation.  The problem with people even younger than I am is that the art of actually writing somewhat correctly is lost in all of the lolz and kewls.  And there really isn't anything wrong with using those terms, but damn, you can't even use proper sentance structure?  Intent is important, but use what you were taught to use.  It's like me typing in strict Ebonics in this forum; believe me, someone would make a comment, and more than likely, it would be a very strong one at that.

If you're embarrassed or agitated, I'm sorry, but it's simply a message board.  I post messages.  Whether you deem them worthy is your decision.  And whether I deem yours worthy is my prerogative as well.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 12:03:09 AM by Brandon Brooks »

gamenut

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 02:02:50 AM »
i really don't know what the fuss is about but i need a litle more help
When a bandit is hit, they only lose prizes if they are being risked as they move across the arch. Otherwise, they simply return to the starting point where they left off from the previous turn[or at the beginning of the game].
does s/he go back to the last place they were before or just when the lsoe the risked prizes

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 02:51:58 AM »
[quote name=\'gamenut\' post=\'125594\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 02:02 AM\']
i really don't know what the fuss is about but i need a litle more help[/quote]
In your case, the "fuss" is twofold, namely:

1) Sentences begin with a capital letter.  So do proper names, such as the names of shows, and the word "I".

2) Sentences usually end with a period, but always with some sort of punctuation mark.

If you look at other posts on this forum, you'll see that we all try to make the effort to write using those two basic rules of grammar.  It makes what you write easier for other people to read.  We would appreciate it if you would make the effort to write more clearly by following those two simple rules you learned in school.  You will be much less likely to be criticized and you will be much more likely to have your questions answered.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gamenut

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 03:41:25 AM »
okay okay so have a little grammar problem so sue me. I just want my question answered because i looked at websites with this game on it and it's pretty vague.

if someone somewhere can give me a little more detail it would help

and i will try harder to use good grammar

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 04:06:22 AM »
[quote name=\'gamenut\' post=\'125599\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 03:41 AM\']
if someone somewhere can give me a little more detail it would help

and i will try harder to use good grammar
[/quote]
Except that I just told you specifically what to do and you just barely improved over last time.

I'm not asking you to worry about the language you use, or even spelling.  This is not complicated.  Begin a sentence with a capital letter.  End with a punctuation mark.  That's all you need to do.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'125575\' date=\'Jul 28 2006, 07:07 PM\']
Countdown to Chris L. making a remark about "hitting the bandit": 30 minutes.
[/quote]
Shoulda taken the over. Friday's my game night. :)

Plus, I see this wingnut was handled just fine without any assistance from me. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 05:58:25 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'125605\' date=\'Jul 29 2006, 04:39 AM\']
Shoulda taken the over. Friday's my game night. :)
[/quote]

Wildly Offtopic, not that it wasn't already: what games do you generally see in your rotation (just for compare / contrast).  I tend to do my heavy gaming (if heavy is defined as Power Grid) on Saturday rather than Friday, with Thursday for playtest night.  Tonight was just relaxing at BSW.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."