Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aus WoF - 2005  (Read 2137 times)

CherryPizza

Aus WoF - 2005
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:05:25 PM »
After Wheel of Fortune was 'rested' in 2005 and returned at the start of this year, not only did the new episodes air in the early evening, but they've also been repeated a week later at 10am. Since Friday was a week since the final episode aired and 10am episodes were still listed, I tuned in this morning wondering which episodes would fill this timeslot now.

Not only was it an episode with former host Steve Oemcke, but it started with a "welcome back to 2005", and a noticably pregnant hostess. These are episodes that have never aired before and, to all viewers' knowldege, never existed.

Throughout 2004, Steve stumbled and bumbled his way through the show, causing more than a few comments that he maybe wasn't meant to be a game show host. In the episode that aired this morning, he showed a great improvement. He was much more slick and was even comfortable enough to make a joke about something that went wrong (something that wasn't his fault, btw. It was a sound effect that was played at the wrong time).

Anyway, I have no idea how many of these episodes are in the can, how long they'll be airing, or whether the contestants ever received their prizes. It was still interesting to see this 'lost episode', though

pownster

Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 10:26:05 AM »
I have to say - I've made the effort to record 4 episodes from this week - Steve certainly has moved forwards leaps and bounds from his initial efforts in 2004 (although he still made a blue or two). Sophie makes mention that she needed to have her dresses made up especially for the TV - maternity wear doesn't tend to come in all the fashion colours.

I'm trying to think - how many other hostesses may remained on air when noticably pregnant (the only other one I recall was Nicky Buckley on "Sale" back in the late 1990's).

It's great to see the 'lost' epsiodes. Can we now count Wheel of Fortune has having remained continuously on air fo 26 years?
Chris Powney

Australian Game Show Home Page

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gameshow/homepage.htm

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 10:27:43 AM »
[quote name=\'pownster\' post=\'126882\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 07:26 AM\']
I'm trying to think - how many other hostesses may remained on air when noticably pregnant (the only other one I recall was Nicky Buckley on "Sale" back in the late 1990's).
[/quote]
Over on our side of the pond, one of the dealers on Card Sharks '86 (I don't remember if it was Susannah or Lacey) spent some time visibly pregnant. I'm sure there are other examples, but that one comes immediately to mind.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Tony

Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »
Speaking of Wheel; Vanna White has appeared on the show noticably pregnant for both of her children.

I can understand if Chris forgot that one, since the US Wheel is certainly not one of his favorites.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 11:55:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' post=\'126902\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 08:45 AM\']
I can understand if Chris forgot that one, since the US Wheel is certainly not one of his favorites.
[/quote]
Yeah, it totally slipped me, but you're right, she did.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 12:10:14 PM »
I'm just hoping these hit Diwana...

sshuffield70

Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'126883\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 09:27 AM\']
[quote name=\'pownster\' post=\'126882\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 07:26 AM\']
[/quote]
Over on our side of the pond, one of the dealers on Card Sharks '86 (I don't remember if it was Susannah or Lacey) spent some time visibly pregnant. I'm sure there are other examples, but that one comes immediately to mind.
[/quote]

Lacey, and Lee Menning (Sale) come to mind.

WhammyPower

Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 12:37:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Wikipedia\']When [Trebek] signed off for the last episode (of High Rollers), he talked about one of the  show's models being pregnant because she "drank too much wine."[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:37:21 PM by WhammyPower »

uncamark

Aus WoF - 2005
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 02:24:04 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'126909\' date=\'Aug 10 2006, 11:37 AM\']
[quote name=\'Wikipedia\']When [Trebek] signed off for the last episode (of High Rollers), he talked about one of the  show's models being pregnant because she "drank too much wine."[/quote]
[/quote]

Which means it's true.  :)

Going back farther, it seems to me that Carol Merrill did "LMAD" with at least one of her kids in her belly (I recall she was pregnant in the early 70s and she may've worked while expecting Hilary Safire in the 60s).