Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud this year...  (Read 41509 times)

BrandonFG

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2006, 11:02:22 AM »
It looks absolutely amazing. John brings an air of professionalism that the show has not had in its seven years on the air. I like the new audience behind the set, but the centerstage audience looks a little awkward. Honestly, the background audience is similar to an idea I had for the Joker set, if everything goes through. With Joker, I think it would have more of a Vegas/Atlantic City feel, kinda like the blackjack/poker shows that are on so much.

And holy wow, they even went old school with the faceoff plungers and podium! Love it! I'm really starting to have a good feeling about the upcoming season, and the show is looking pretty damn competent right about now.

From looking at the clips, it's good to see the audience doesn't lose their minds over doubling the points or $20,000. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2006, 11:16:13 AM »
From the "When it gets old" clip, it looks like the audience does go wild after doubling the points.

However, the audience did not react when he said $20,000.

We'll have to wait to see if this is a one time thing or not.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:17:25 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2006, 11:30:14 AM »
Well, I forgot that crappy logo pretty fast.

I like John a lot. I thought he'd be too staid, but he is doin' fine in these samples. Just his bit with not being able to accept an answer twice in a video showed you what he has over Karn. John was able to look offstage, notice he couldn't accept that answer, and made some pretty funny banter out of it. I've seen it at least once where they had to edit to show Karn not accepting an answer. I'll have to watch this season to see if John keeps it up.

Hope I'm not treading into spoiling here, but I noticed in one episode's worth of clips that the points in the first three questions still do not add up to 300. I didn't watch much Karn, so I don't know if they had this or not, but they will not be adding the steal to the bank this season (at least, based on the clips).

The set is very neat, but I agree with Matt in that it is perhaps a bit too small. Well actually, the area the host and contestants can actually use is - why does the audience have to take up all that real estate in the middle of the floor? Some of the new shots are cool. I especially like the one where they go from the faceoff podium to the board with the same camera. In the promos I didn't like the in-the-round crowd, but I didn't even notice they were there when the game got going.

-Jason
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:31:57 AM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

The Pyramids

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2006, 12:03:58 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'129295\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 11:30 AM\']
Well, I forgot that crappy logo pretty fast.

I like John a lot. I thought he'd be too staid, but he is doin' fine in these samples. Just his bit with not being able to accept an answer twice in a video showed you what he has over Karn. John was able to look offstage, notice he couldn't accept that answer, and made some pretty funny banter out of it.  

[/quote]

Thats exactly right. The set reminds me of what they were trying to do in '94, only better. And its way better than the cardboard '7:30 show' set from '99. The audience in the round works well and should be copied for the 'JW' remake.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:04:48 PM by PaulD »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2006, 12:15:28 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'129298\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 11:03 AM\']
The audience in the round works well and should be copied for the 'JW' remake.
[/quote]
The what?

Anyhow...I wasn't too impressed, unless I was looking at the wrong clip(s).  The clip I viewed focused on one family only, never showing the other one at the faceoff.

What's up with that?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:15:38 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

FeudDude

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2006, 12:29:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'129300\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 12:15 PM\']
Anyhow...I wasn't too impressed, unless I was looking at the wrong clip(s).  The clip I viewed focused on one family only, never showing the other one at the faceoff.

What's up with that?
[/quote]

That one clip seems to only be showing one camera's view of the show.  I think it's safe to say that's not how that segment will look when it is aired.  The other clips are not like that.

I'm impressed.  John brings some much-needed class, charm, and wit to the show.  And while that audience section in the middle of the floor looks a bit awkward, the set otherwise looks great.

Adam Nedeff

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'129300\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 12:15 PM\']
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'129298\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 11:03 AM\']
The audience in the round works well and should be copied for the 'JW' remake.
[/quote]
The what?
[/quote]

Joker's Wild.

Jeremy Nelson

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2006, 01:48:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'129300\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 11:15 AM\']

What's up with that?
[/quote]
It looks like that clip is raw footage from one camera.

I am very impressed right now. John is a breath of fresh air that is very well received.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'129288\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 07:35 AM\']
O'Hurley is really impressive, I am absolutely shocked and amazed.
[/quote]
Why?

Considering that, to a man, everyone pretty much has nodded their head and said "Yeah, this'll work, he'll be a really good host", and that he was one of the few bright spots to TTTT2K, why are you so shocked?

(Can't wait to hear this.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2006, 02:13:35 PM »
I'm just shocked they hired someone...good.  (No, I'm not surprised John's good - I remember TTTT2k)    Feud's been sputtering around for a long time with incompetent hosting.  It's good to see the show in more-than-capable hands again
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 02:14:02 PM by Seth Thrasher »

Casey Buck

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
These clips are wonderful. They finally got Feud right after 7 years.

You know, if they used the Combs theme like they did in the 2002-2003 season, or even the '94 Dawson theme, I think it would fit in a lot better than it did with Karn's set.

And, look! Actual light bulbs on a modern game show set!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 03:45:32 PM by Casey Buck »

itiparanoid13

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2006, 03:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'129315\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 02:01 PM\']
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'129288\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 07:35 AM\']
O'Hurley is really impressive, I am absolutely shocked and amazed.
[/quote]
Why?

Considering that, to a man, everyone pretty much has nodded their head and said "Yeah, this'll work, he'll be a really good host", and that he was one of the few bright spots to TTTT2K, why are you so shocked?

(Can't wait to hear this.)
[/quote]

I think I should have put an enter at the end of that.  I didn't mean I was shocked and amazed at the fact he was good.  I'm shocked and amazed at the fact that the show has improved this much with the changes they have made.  I am sorry.  Hope the wait was worth it for you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 04:03:11 PM by itiparanoid13 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud this year...
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2006, 04:11:06 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'129344\' date=\'Aug 27 2006, 12:52 PM\']
I think I should have put an enter at the end of that.  I didn't mean I was shocked and amazed at the fact he was good.  I'm shocked and amazed at the fact that the show has improved this much with the changes they have made.
[/quote]
See, where I come from, when I see two thoughts in a single sentence separated by a comma, I assume that the two thoughts are related somehow. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

But yeah, that makes a good deal more sense.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 04:12:41 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jackpotman800

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2006, 04:15:41 PM »
When I saw those clips, I never been so excitied in years. They even got the old faceoff podium back to the way it was, and the family podiums too. I'm not too thrilled with the new logo, but if you can ignore the logo completely (and I sure everyone will), you'll see that this is how Family Feud should be.

Steve Gavazzi

Family Feud this year...
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2006, 04:19:41 PM »
Wow.  I expected O'Hurley to at least be competent, but he's beyond that -- he looks like he's been doing this forever.  The set's damn good, too -- it actually looks like Family Feud.

It's funny...Karn did the show for four years and looked at the end like he started yesterday.  O'Hurley started essentially yesterday and already looks like he's been on for four years.