Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "That's the question"  (Read 4084 times)

booboo

"That's the question"
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:50:59 PM »
Does anybody know what the grand prize on "that's the question" is going to be?

itiparanoid13

"That's the question"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 03:32:22 PM »
$500 for game winner turned into $5,000 if they win the bonus round.  Each player gets a free trip to The Netherlands regardless.

booboo

"That's the question"
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'132686\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 03:32 PM\']
$500 for game winner turned into $5,000 if they win the bonus round.  Each player gets a free trip to The Netherlands regardless.
[/quote]

I know that gsn, (sorry, but it's not called game show network anymore) is in most cases a satellite cable channel, or something along those lines, but considering the fact that it's not struggling as much as it was 10 years ago, you would think they could increase the prizes a little bit, although i have a feeling that if it gets another season they probably will do that, i think they only kept it cheap because they have to pay for the flights.

tvwxman

"That's the question"
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 08:21:08 PM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'132704\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 08:08 PM\']
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'132686\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 03:32 PM\']
[/quote]

I know that gsn, (sorry, but it's not called game show network anymore) is in most cases a satellite cable channel, or something along those lines, but considering the fact that it's not struggling as much as it was 10 years ago, you would think they could increase the prizes a little bit, although i have a feeling that if it gets another season they probably will do that, i think they only kept it cheap because they have to pay for the flights.
[/quote]

Fact #1 : Gawd your posts are annoying.

Fact #2 : GSN (sorry, but it's always going to be the Game Show Network to me), did not pay for flights to the Netherlands. The contestant pool was already there. When Lingo got it's 'pilot' run of 20 eps, it was taped on the Dutch set, using  American contestants who were already there, either living in Amsterdam, vacationing, or on a quick drug run.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
"That's the question"
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:35:51 PM »
[quote name=\'mistake\']
I know that gsn, (sorry, but it's not called game show network anymore) [/quote]
yet, people are still free to call it game show network.
[quote name=\'ooops\']
is in most cases a satellite cable channel, or something along those lines[/quote]
is this some kind of new technology?
[quote name=\'error\']
but considering the fact that it's not struggling as much as it was 10 years ago you would think they could increase the prizes a little bit, although i have a feeling that if it gets another season they probably will do that, i think they only kept it cheap because they have to pay for the flights. [/quote]
i have a feeling you couldn't be more wrong.
whats wrong with 5000...just because they "aren't struggling as much" doesn't equate bigger prizes.

i happen to think 5000 is fine for a low-tier cable show.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 06:55:28 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Clay Zambo

"That's the question"
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 08:47:10 AM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'132704\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 08:08 PM\']
but considering the fact that it's not struggling as much as it was 10 years ago, you would think they could increase the prizes a little bit,[/quote]

And yet What's My Line? ran quite nicely for a long time with a top prize of $50.

If the game is fun, it doesn't matter what the prize is.
czambo@mac.com

itiparanoid13

"That's the question"
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 09:03:49 AM »
Fact #2 : GSN (sorry, but it's always going to be the Game Show Network to me), did not pay for flights to the Netherlands. The contestant pool was already there. When Lingo got it's 'pilot' run of 20 eps, it was taped on the Dutch set, using American contestants who were already there, either living in Amsterdam, vacationing, or on a quick drug run.

Really?  Whoops, my mistake.  I could have sworn I was told that they were flown to Netherlands.  Interesting.

booboo

"That's the question"
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 09:58:48 AM »
that's what i thought also, and i did say i was sorry, but, a. I do have a right to my opinion, and B. and more importantly, you all know that it's not called game show network anymore.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
"That's the question"
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 11:20:35 AM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'132769\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 08:58 AM\']
B. and more importantly, you all know that it's not called game show network anymore.
[/quote]
so, does anyone plan to watch "that's the question" on game show network?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Clay Zambo

"That's the question"
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'132776\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 11:20 AM\']
B. and more importantly, you all know that it's not called game show network anymore.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll watch it on ESPN, if that's where it's running.  Once.  No promises, though, that I'll go back for a second episode...
czambo@mac.com

cweaver

"That's the question"
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 11:38:53 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'132686\' date=\'Sep 26 2006, 02:32 PM\']
[/quote]

Yeah,  by successfully stepping outside the studio.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
"That's the question"
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 11:57:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'132776\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 10:20 AM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Now that's the question.

Doug -- and the countdown to 2300 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

dzinkin

"That's the question"
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 12:02:01 PM »
[quote name=\'booboo\' post=\'132769\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 09:58 AM\']
that's what i thought also, and i did say i was sorry, but, a. I do have a right to my opinion, and B. and more importantly, you all know that it's not called game show network anymore.
[/quote]
A. You do have a right to your opinion, but others have the right to theirs as well, and the prevailing opinion appears to be that you're going out of your way to behave in an even more clueless fashion than is typical for you.

B. We do know what GSN calls itself.  We also know that GSN's own web site refers to both names:

© Game Show Network, LLC 2004-2006. All Rights Reserved. GSN and its distinctive logo are trademarks of Game Show Network, LLC.

Once again, you're ticked that you were told to behave like an adult and you're protesting by apologizing for every single abbreviation you use, legitimate or not.  Consider this your formal warning to start behaving like an adult.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
"That's the question"
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »
Anyone notice how one of the new promos for That's the Question looks eerily similar to (I think) when PYL started airing on GSN?
This signature is currently under construction.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
"That's the question"
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 02:08:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'132783\' date=\'Sep 27 2006, 12:17 PM\']
Anyone notice how one of the new promos for That's the Question looks eerily similar to (I think) when PYL started airing on GSN?
[/quote]

If we're thinking about the same one (Goen in his car window @ the GSN security checkpoint), then yes.

PYL was the first thing I thought of when I first saw the Question promo.

It seems as if GSN staffers/personalities have quite a few hard times at the entrance(s).
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com