Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1 v. 100 Oct 13  (Read 6867 times)

Clay Zambo

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 11:54:32 AM »
Since the show hasn't premiered yet, it's way too early to add this to KJ's list of catch phrases--but I just caught up with the world and watched the "1 vs 100" promo, and I have to say, "You don't have to be the smartest person in the world, just the smartest person in the ROOM" feels really catchy to me.

Of course, they're gonna work "Do you want the money, or do you want the mob?" too.  But the first one really defines the game for me.  I'm looking forward to this show a lot!
czambo@mac.com

itiparanoid13

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 12:24:31 PM »
If you missed the preview, it's on the FLASHGames^2 website.  I always had a good feeling about Mr. Saget, but when I started hearing about the format, I got really afraid and figured the show would blow.  This is looking to completely destroy DoND, and I truly hope it does.  To members of the mob: are you allowed to stay for as long as you want, counting that you don't miss a question?  By as long as you want, I'm meaning like you could stay for multiple shows, with, hell, the potential of an entire season if you don't miss a thing.

Matt Ottinger

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'132980\' date=\'Sep 29 2006, 08:32 PM\']
edited to say: but the promo people forgot their spell check...they spelled Sweden with 2 E's and Czech Republic with a K.....[/quote]
I'm just dumbfounded that a show which purports to put a priority on knowledge would air a promo with not one but two careless mistakes like that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Clay Zambo

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'133183\' date=\'Oct 2 2006, 01:45 PM\']
edited to say: but the promo people forgot their spell check...they spelled Sweden with 2 E's and Czech Republic with a K.....[/quote]
I'm just dumbfounded that a show which purports to put a priority on knowledge would air a promo with not one but two careless mistakes like that.
[/quote]

I have a sneaking suspicion they weren't careless.  Call me crazy, but I'm thinking that they contributed to a bit of water-cooler buzz about the show.  I'm not saying it's a good idea; certainly it's not one that aids credibility.  We're the choir here.  The promo doesn't mean all that much to us; we were going to watch anyway.
czambo@mac.com

Robert Hutchinson

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 02:22:33 PM »
Maybe I'm hanging around the wrong people, but I'm the only person I've ever met who actually notices, and cares about, misspellings in commercials. If you find such a water cooler, let me know--those are my kind of nerds.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »
Here's an interesting line from a promotional e-mail that NBC sent me for unknown reasons...

'Members of the mob include valedictorians, teachers and "Deal or No Deal" models .'

Annnnnnnnd snark now.
@lambertman

Don Howard

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 10:39:48 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'133237\' date=\'Oct 2 2006, 10:20 PM\']
'Members of the mob include valedictorians, teachers and "Deal or No Deal" models .'
[/quote]
No doubt this is because those models are very good at thinking on their feet.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 12:17:20 AM »
Well they must be good at something.....

/*snark*
This signature is currently under construction.

Craig Karlberg

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 04:00:56 AM »
Watching the preview, the set looks AWSOME!  I can't wait for it to bow on Friday the 13th.  And if anyone asks, no I don't think it'll bring bad luck.  Besides, what else is there on at 9 PM that night outside of the baseball playoffs?  I'm sure it'll do just fine as far as ratings go.

Hmm. DoND models?  That makes me wonder if all 26 of them made the premiere episode as part of the Mob.

Bob Saget sure sounds good enough to host this one.  The only major concern I have is the staging & the camera time devoted to "The One" leaving me wondering if we'll see some face time for most of the Mob.  Also, the pacing might be a bit of an issue but since DoND found a way to pick up the pace a bit without watering down the dramatics, I think 1 vs. 100 might adjust to it after a couple episodes.

bttritle

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 06:51:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'133183\' date=\'Oct 2 2006, 10:45 AM\']
[/quote]

Understandable, but to be accurate, (and by no means apologize for the network) it was one mistake...I had taped DOND when that promo aired, Sweden was spelled correctly.

HOWEVER, with that said...is it the show that creates the ad space, or the network?  I always thought once the content had been created (when the show is on a network), the network's promo department created the commercial.  If that's the case, then blame the network, not the show.

In the same weekend, ESPN aired a graphic about the worst records for divisional winners in Major League Baseball, then highlighted the Minnesota Twins (1987), and mentioned how they "won the Wold Series".

That same weekend, "Amazing Race" had a graphic stating Peter and Sarah in Last Place, yet somehow during the reading of the detour they had vaulted into first place without even moving (the graphic had changed to "1st place").

Just wanted to point out the graphics demons of broadcast TV over the weekend.

NickS

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 08:16:23 AM »
[quote name=\'bttritle\' post=\'133528\' date=\'Oct 5 2006, 05:51 AM\']
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'133183\' date=\'Oct 2 2006, 10:45 AM\']
[/quote]

Understandable, but to be accurate, (and by no means apologize for the network) it was one mistake...I had taped DOND when that promo aired, Sweden was spelled correctly.

HOWEVER, with that said...is it the show that creates the ad space, or the network?  I always thought once the content had been created (when the show is on a network), the network's promo department created the commercial.  If that's the case, then blame the network, not the show.

In the same weekend, ESPN aired a graphic about the worst records for divisional winners in Major League Baseball, then highlighted the Minnesota Twins (1987), and mentioned how they "won the Wold Series".

That same weekend, "Amazing Race" had a graphic stating Peter and Sarah in Last Place, yet somehow during the reading of the detour they had vaulted into first place without even moving (the graphic had changed to "1st place").

Just wanted to point out the graphics demons of broadcast TV over the weekend.
[/quote]

"I'll take this in parts, Jack."

A) Yeah -- most likely it's the promo department that had a typo, not the show.

B) If we're going to jump on ESPN, let's talk about MNF -- TWICE... not once, but TWICE they've had a super template of "AAAAAAAAAAGGGG" in the second line of a super.  Once with NFL Generic as the top line during the Jags game last week and most recently the Eagles/Packers game.  To correct Ben, graphics demons of broadcast AND cable TV.

weaklink75

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 08:26:21 PM »
NBC.com has an interview and some clips up...there are what some people would consider to be SPOILERS in them (especially in the Saget interview, where he gives a couple of game results), so be warned...

TravisP

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 04:16:39 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'133237\' date=\'Oct 2 2006, 09:20 PM\']'Members of the mob include valedictorians, teachers and "Deal or No Deal" models .'
[/quote]

I'm not surprised if all 26 do get to play as the mob. However, saying that, the UK version here has had quite a few Deal or No Deal winners from here who have appeared in the 100, even one former dealer got to play as the 1!

I just hope NBC can do a show on a faster pace to what the BBC has done here, it might've been the first show last Saturday but it was utterly slow.

NickS

1 v. 100 Oct 13
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 08:16:19 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'133783\' date=\'Oct 7 2006, 03:16 AM\']
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'133237\' date=\'Oct 2 2006, 09:20 PM\']'Members of the mob include valedictorians, teachers and "Deal or No Deal" models .'
[/quote]

I'm not surprised if all 26 do get to play as the mob. However, saying that, the UK version here has had quite a few Deal or No Deal winners from here who have appeared in the 100, even one former dealer got to play as the 1!

I just hope NBC can do a show on a faster pace to what the BBC has done here, it might've been the first show last Saturday but it was utterly slow.
[/quote]

I'd be surprised if Stu Stone and Jamie Kennedy play as part of the 100.  That'd be funny.

That said, from the clips I saw, there were three DoND models and a great zinger by Bob that involves one of them.  After seeing the clips, I'm interested to see how the show does.  I'll be watching Friday nights.